Dead game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead game?

I don't think this game will be finished any time soon, since it has been in pre-alpha phase for 3 years.
    Also, the servers are almost 24/7 empty (or almost empty), so not many players are really paying attention to this game.
    EPIC GAMES has also a big lack of communication with its community... that's digging your own grave!

I play since Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror was a succesful game, back when soo many servers were full, the golden era.
    But I don't see this in this game. I see that most activity was in 2014, when they released the pre-alpha phase.
    If it is, after 3 years, still in "pre-alpha" without any advancement, except for the few little patches they make from time to time, it's losing its audience and will die out for sure.

Comment

Just play, enjoy the game and report bugs if necessary. I don't have a problem doing that for last 2 years. I am having a ton of fun (CTF).

Comment

Dead... moved on

Comment

I think the lack of advertising and community feedback is deliberate. Liaising with the community is very time consuming and the team is so small they don't have the resource available.

It seems that they've shifted to a quiet, but 4-6 week publishes to try to sustain improvement in the game. There's no real point in attempting to boost numbers or attract extra players at this point (This forum is not even linked on unrealtournament.com) and I expect that they'll wait until it's ready before advertising it.

I think it will move to alpha this year and won't be too long before beta, but until then the servers will be quiet.

Players attract players and there will probably only be one chance to bring in the players in bulk and I hope it doesn't get wasted like it was in UT3.
          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

I honestly don't understand this "Dead" badge some people tend to stick to current UT. I can play with people any time I fell like (except of like Sunday 8 AM) and I can always see only those other 9-11 players on the map so I don't really care how many other players play at the same time around the world.

Comment

Can someone make a sticky topic regarding/answering these types of threads? These threads bring nothing new and have the same excuses, not only that but this might give Epic second thoughts on open development for future games....

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                I honestly don't understand this "Dead" badge some people tend to stick to current UT. I can play with people any time I fell like (except of like Sunday 8 AM) and I can always see only those other 9-11 players on the map so I don't really care how many other players play at the same time around the world.
                Yes, this is the same argument people made when UT3 was basically dead but it's never good for a game to be on life support.

I realize Epic has never gone into full marketing mode with this game, but they have done several marketing pushes, and interviews and whatnot with multiple gaming outlets encouraging (but elbowing discouragement) people to come check out the game. There have been lots of times that the game had several hundred people playing it at any given time. It's probably a good idea to try to understand why these people aren't coming back instead of disparaging them or claiming that they just aren't cut out to play a pre-alpha.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
                X