Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament 4 BunnyTracks

What's up guys.

Anyone know if there's a BunnyTrack game type being worked on? I heard there's a Speed run but it's not really the same, from what I've seen you just collect coins, the traditional BT has CTF.

If anyone has any info let me know, would love to follow any work being done on it, it's the main reason I was so hyped for the UT99 remake.

Cheers,
    bcloaded

Hi bcloaded, welcome to the forum. This is the closest thing so far: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...nnytrack-(WIP)

I think it's still based on DM though and not ctf/team based. There are a couple of Speed maps without any coins so they're pretty close to BT. Hopefully teams are introduced for BT soon.
    Join us for friendly UT4 Pugs at irc.globalgamers.net #ut4pugs

Comment

Hi there. I know this thread is a few months old but I'll post this anyway. I downloaded UT4 about a week or two ago and I've been working on a Bunnytrack gamemode. It's making good progress, I have it based on CTF and I have a custom supershockrifle that does 0 damage. Currently I am working on making flags not dissapear when you pick one up, that way other people can cap at the same time. After that I will probably work on the timer. However I am new to c++ and I haven't touched UE since UT99 So I am still getting use to everything that's changed..So don't expect anything too good soon.

Comment

hi!

glad to see a soul interested in BT

I already made a ****load of maps.. (the old style of BT, not the coin yankin' 100m sprint.)
        Take a look at this topic..
        https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...hp?15238-Speed

Scoob and i added extra functionality on top of speed. (read last post)
        you can maybe use that as a base for ur project. it will take some strain off you..
        I'd be interested in collaborating with you. but i'm a ****** when it comes to coding.

better communication can be achieved over Irc rather than this forum wich i check once in a month.
        server globalgamers => channels #unrealtournament , #absolute

nick is the same
        Cya bunnyhopper

grtz irri
        BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
        DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Bunny tracks was such an exciting and creative use of UT, I really hope it can come back properly for UT4. Slope-dodging needs to be fixed before an effective implementation is possible, and mantling needs to be removed alltogether. Hopefully once those issues are rectified the BT community can spring up.
          Purveyor of Unreal Tournament.

<khxmz> thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have nvz, not asking your favorite game developer for more hats

Comment

disabling mantling is a must tho .. feels like shiet
            Hope it can be done troughout BP's..
            BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
            DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Working...
            X