Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MasterPlayerLoRD. View Post
    Very thanks RattleSN4K3. I promise you that all Latin America will play Betrayal !
    I planned on release the game type for this new build and worked on updating several on it before but due to a major problem of the current code (introducing AI for FlagRun) Epic changed some code parts related to the UTBot class. This results into not being able to use the new and only-possible class UTBotPlayer. I am not able to provide a release without removing the bot support (which is actually a major part of the gametype as server owners likely won't install such mod due to the requirement of having clients to install the plugin first and then being able to connect; no auto download for C++ mods).

Waiting for a new release and Epic being aware of this problem (which I do have requested to be fixed).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very thanks RattleSN4K3. I promise you that all Latin America will play Betrayal !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MasterPlayerLoRD. View Post
    The project still alive ? I love Betrayal gametype ! Please update it
    It's been a long time since I updated the code/release. I need to check the code to be compatible with the recent builds. The project isn't dead but I just didn't compile/release a new build. No one requested it and thus I wasn't taking care of it. That's the burden with C++ mods.

I try to release a new version for this or the upcoming build. Beforehand I am working on release a new MapScaler version first. It can take a while. In the meantime if you're interested in playing or testing, you could take a look at the source and compile the files on your own, likely it wouldn't work well with the current UT build without any changes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The project still alive ? I love Betrayal gametype ! Please update it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I understand your restrictions at this time... maybe over time as UT developes this will change! No I haven't tried it yet, But I will!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Megasporwic View Post
    Will we ever see this in Blueprint form so a separate install is not needed for the client?
    Have you tried the C++ Betrayal gamemode (the plugin)? Did you notice any bugs? Any suggestions?

I haven't updated the binaries for the last two builds.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was working on it but it required a heavy need for exposing Blueprint and requesting it through GitHub or workarounds (targeting the original source code and design). Some things were not possible at all. From a prototyping perspective, to have a gametype which features everything how it is designed, I kept working on it in C++. I haven't updated or touched the BP files. I am still planning on adding some new game changing features/additions to Betrayal. I might check how a Blueprint port would work. In general, a Blueprint prototype/gamemode would be possible.

Yes, I also dislike the complex steps to install native mods (and even create these). From a security standpoint, I wouldn't want to use C++ at all, but regarding the moddability of UT, there is no way around C++, AI is the last part which is likely not extendable from Blueprint.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will we ever see this in Blueprint form so a separate install is not needed for the client?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm already planning on working on Betrayal again and adding a new feature - a gameplay changing one. Regarding your list, sounds good but that wouldn't work well for the game type named "Betrayal". I'm looking for a way to allow "Secondary fire creates alliance" as this was somehow planned in the original game type as well. But the thing in general, if someone asks you to form a team, you should deny it. Probably a 2-way confirmation would work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd been thinking about this mode after seeing Vampire mode in [MENTION=891]MonsOlympus[/MENTION] UT Fourever Modification

I was thinking of a slight spin on Betrayal combined with Vampire.
    • IG
    • Everyone starts with 5 lives
    • Each frag / gib gives you a life and removes one from the person you fragged / gibbed
    • Secondary fire creates alliance
    • Primary will allow you to boost your alliance members
    • Secondary on an alliance member will frag / gib them OR maybe it just removes alliance
    • When you are out of lives you spectate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Added some new features to the game mode and fixed some minor issues. The new download is in the first post, as always.

Changelog v0.2.0:
    • Fixed: Bots still betray after their team has betrayed
    • Fixed: Nemesis updated correctly for betrayed player
    • Fixed: Tracking highest pot for the instigator player
    • Added: Tracking lowest and highest pots for each player
    • Added: Mutator support for CheckRelevance
    • Added: Additional rogue score, penalty exposed as game option
    • Added: Allowing pickups (non-timed) as game option
    • Changed: Updated code for latest build
    • Changed: Re-enabled leader hat

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Had problems with the previous build compiling this plugin for it. Here's the new build for the latest build 2710036 (10/1/2015). Check the first post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated the game type to be compatible to the latest build (9/8/2015). There are also some minor fixes/changes related to bot behavior. Look for the download in the first post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've updated the game type. Basically it fixes some network issues and in general problems with the custom InstaGib. This gametype now works well on servers and clients (tested Win64, client and ded server). The zip file is properly packaged and structured. It basically allows drag'n'dropping the files into the installation folder.

You can find the latest download in the first post. Drop some feedback.

PS: There are some issues about the general gameplay behavior/flow (which Wormbo also talked about). This new update is not changing anything in regards of that. I'm waiting for the new build to work on that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I appreciate every feedback even if it's "it is plain stupid" . I would also like to know if it actually works on the different platforms. I'm not able to compile for MAC and I just recently cross-compiled it for Linux (the first time). I don't have a Linux distribution installed and don't have the time/space to do so, I would appreciate comments about linux and/or servers as well.

The gametype is itself is very unknown. Not many players played (/ wanted to play) UT3 and never tried the 2.0 version which shipped this gametype. Whenever I played it online, it was a big mess as the gametype was introduced to a community which just wants to shoot at everyone. The mechanic wasn't explained. So most of the players actually shoot the normal beam at non-colored players and the blue beam at blue colored players. As this is how color matching works. The gametype isn't meant to be played like this. I rarely played the game type properly. So I guess there has to be some sort of introduction to new players. For every new player, they should be introduced with a simple rule of 'don't betray players when the pot size is below 7'. Otherwise, shooting teammates constantly would boost the score of teammates very fast. They always get a bonus of 7 by killing you again (payback). This makes the game end very quickly.

However, if you play it with a small group of players who actually know how this gametype should be played, it is a lot of fun. It's thrilling when playing with good players side by side and not knowing when or if they betray.

Speaking of betraying, Wormo did a port of Betrayal for UT2004 and introduced some sort of punishment when a player betrays other players unreasonable (low pot) and he also added some enhancements regarding bot logic. I did not implement this in this port (yet). I also would like to have a more dynamic team rotation or manual team grouping. The original code indicates that there was an idea of allowing players to form a group manually by shooting at them. Not sure who was the original author/creator, but I would also really like to know the reasons of not implementing that feature or what other features are planned. Betrayal has potential. Betrayal is fun to play. But Betrayal also lacks of explaning the game flow or allowing a fluid gameplay without possible sabotaging (just like Warfare in UT3 where new players take the orb and run straight to the ennemy core...).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X