Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I agree that UT99 Assult was my favorite, and I'm personally not a huge fan of vehicles, I think it should be left up to level designers if their map should have vehicles or not, and not necessarily be strictly governed by gametype.

On another note, assuming there is a single player tournament ladder, all of the core gametypes should be included. In UT2004, Onslaught never made it into the ladder, which seemed odd, since the new game type was a major part of that game.

Comment

BR was awesome, so I'd love to see it in the game. Probably even as a CTF mutator, since the game type was basically CTF with a ball
      Apart from that there's no reason no to include AS and ONS.

Comment

You should only use your energy and develop those mods you mentioned, Steve. There will be tons of mods made by the community and tons of versions/modifications/rules for all of them.

Comment

As I mentioned in another topic in the gamedesign forum,
          I am strongly against any vehicles and vehicle game modes.
          It is my opinion, that they just dont belong to UT. UT is about a Tournament and not about warfare.
          Vehicles split the community in half. The one half not touching vehicle modes and the other half not touching modes without vehicles.
          This results in two seperate groups or even communities and is comparable to two totally different games.
          I doubt that Epic has the ressources to develop two different games at once.
          Many players are of the opinion that vehicles didnt do any good to the UT franchise - they killed it.
          Players looking for vehicle gameplay are looking for a different game, maybe a Battlefield or something comparable.

I wonder if Epic would rather change the game completely (generally speaking) to attract the largest possible amount of players or would rather make a game which is for true UT lovers.
          veritas filia temporis

Comment

Originally posted by Zoddom View Post
            I wonder if Epic would rather change the game completely (generally speaking) to attract the largest possible amount of players or would rather make a game which is for true UT lovers.
            I think money comes before everything, and well if we were in the same position I doubt we won't do the same
            http://i.imgur.com/6dJ1rdc.jpg

Comment

We really need return of standard UT99 Domination. I really missed it in later UTs.

Comment

- TAM (UT2004) / BTA (UT3)
                - Freon (UT2004) / BFA (UT3)
                - Not so popular but would be if present at game's launch : Jailbreak
                - 4 Teams TDM, CTF, (ONS ?), (AS ?), (DDOM ?)

Comment

Within the UT'99 servers I played (with great fun) besides CTF, TDM, DM also: Siege, Monsterhunt and BunnyTrack.

Siege has the goal to destroy the other teams core. While in the process gaining points (by kills) you can get weapons and do upgrades on them. This gametype can take long time when you are in a crowded server and gives (to my opinion) a gamestyle that involves tactics while you still try to get your opponent team a hard time.

Monsterhunt is a teamsport where you take it up to loads of monsters, mega spiders, tentacles and anything nasty you can think of. Basically it is a mindless run, kill the monsters and wait for the redeemer to drop to one of your teammembers "nuclear launch detected". Lovely when you come out of work/school and want your mind to get to ease.

***** track, like #6 already mentioned is a parcours run. The goal is to make it through the parcours (which is available on different levels) get the flag of the opponet team and make a cap. While you are running everything drops, moves, splatters, cuts and not to mention the fields of lava or plasma that gives you a hard time. Besides that we had a vivid competition going on on who was the fastest capper on the parcours. Several movies are posted on youtube about it (for eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0Wx1adc-k). If you have never played it, it may seem like simple hopping around but once getting the hang of it your determined to make it to that darn flag, no matter the amount of respawns you have to do to make it across. Also it can boost your skills regarding dodging and sidedodging whenever you are in a map and an impossible ramp is suddenly a nice benefit if you can use it to your advantage.

Comment

I personally would love Instagib CTF I need her back in my life, to host servers and pwn noobs D:

Comment

Would be great a clan arena gametype, in servers with UTComp is played very often

Comment

The core gametypes should be focused on first:

Duel
                        Deathmatch
                        Capture the Flag
                        Team Deathmatch

Then other gametypes should be added as time goes on, after alpha/beta testing for the core gametypes are perfected:

Domination
                        Assault
                        Bombing Run

Vehicle Gametypes should be added later on after all of the footmodes are perfected.
                        Steam
                        irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                        UT Username - nvz
                        gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                        || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by nvz View Post

Duel
                          Deathmatch
                          Capture the Flag
                          Team Deathmatch

Then other gametypes should be added as time goes on, after alpha/beta testing for the core gametypes are perfected:

Domination
                          Assault
                          Bombing Run

Vehicle Gametypes should be added later on after all of the footmodes are perfected.
                          I agree, and also I would like to see Domination from UT99 back, it was more interesting I think.

Comment

I have a great idea. I really liked in UT2004 that you could make your own team and choose your team symbol. So I suggest that hoping you guys are gonna bring back the UT99 Domination instead of those old default symbols from red and blue team when you toucht those "X" symbols at the start of a match, the "X" symbols changes to a symbol of your own team. And when opponent team touches your symbol it changes it to their unique team symbol and then they are dominating and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by nvz View Post

Duel
                              Deathmatch
                              Capture the Flag
                              Team Deathmatch

Domination
                              Assault
                              Bombing Run

Gonna have to agree here. At this stage we should be laser focused on these core gametypes. Anything extraneous the community can handle, and because of that everybody should be able to get what they want.

Comment

Last men Standing
                                Capture the Flag

Are the only modes i played

Comment

Working...
                                X