• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    vCTF ofc (Hoverboard)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1) PvE for casuals (invantion)
    2) 2 teams, 1 point to capture, 3v3, attack or defend, 2 min rounds, all players with shock rifle without secondary fire and 80 or 120 hp, it is like Shootmania but 3 attackers attack)
    3) sDOM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd love to see VCTF in the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    3 orbs, artifacts, powerus or whatever initiates a protocol than release droid defense that attacking rivals for a while counting as frags until you die or it times finish

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe this is already in the works or suggested by others, but I'm unsure so here goes..

I would really like for Duel to be expanded beyond 1v1, and become a survivor mode. Same deal with rounds, but it's 1v1v1v1... (you get the idea). Once you die you can observe the action and wait for the last survivor of the tournament (winner), and then everyone spawns back for the next round. It would also be cool to do this with teams such as 5v5 like rocket arena 2 did in Q2. Add a grapple hook on top of all that and I am good to go

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I especially like the Assault mode, there is at least some sense of goal, story and completion also I like that players fight against time instead of frag count. and third reason why I like it is that fight moves through the environment it is not at the same place from start to end

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to see a comeback for Assault mode, Onslaught and Vehicle CTF. In my opinion Unreal Tournament could be very electrifying as a team game (with BALANCED vehicles too).
    I know some people don't agree with massive team gametypes, with large maps and many vehicles, but i bet that more people would play UT with these funny (and maybe, competitive) gametypes.

I used to play UT competitive Deathmatch, and when I was tired of crazy-fragging I used to found ONS servers and play exciting matches.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd love to see Invasion make a comeback, I used to play it for hours on end... Onslaught and Assault were great too

Perhaps a more RPG-like gamemode would be a good addition, like the system warcraft server mods for Counter Strike or Invasion2k4RPG had;
    - Leveling up from kills and quests.
    - Skill points to increase firing speed, power, health and armor, health regen etc.
    - Finding persistent unique abilities and powerups/weapons.
    - Dynamic quests like CTF, king of the hill or big BOT-bossfight at random intervals.
    - Maybe make it team-based tug of war like Onslaught, each team with a core or base to defend.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd love to see Assault make a return (if for no other reason than to keep the pattern of in(99), out(2k3), in(2k4), out(3)), but something I'd like to bring up in regards to it is the scale of the maps. In UT99 the stock AS maps were relatively close quarters; Rook, HiSpeed, and Overlord especially, whereas in 2k4 most of the stock maps were more open like in Convoy, Glacier, and even the interior segment of Mothership. I'm not sure which I personally like better, but I believe it's certainly something to take into consideration. Would, say, an Overlord remake benefit from a larger beachfront section and the possible inclusion of vehicles, or would Convoy maybe work better with a smaller selection of platforms? I just feel that since the 99 and 2k4 versions of the gametype had such different presentations, it's something that should be taken into consideration as far as the flow of gameplay is concerned.

Also, throwing my vote into the 99-stlye Domination hat. Double Domination was a mess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's what I truly hope we all have for gametypes EVENTUALLY. Whether community-made or not I don't care.

- Deathmatch/Team DM
    - Assault
    - Onslaught
    - Monster Hunt (Maybe an assault-like variant where two teams, one must play it, and then the other must get further or complete it with less deaths/faster time, the first team setting any time limit aside from the actually set time limit for the server)
    - Last Man Standing (With an option to not have every weapon available, like Deathmatch modes with a lives limit rather than a frag limit)
    - Domination (It just does everything better than Double Domination, which would be better as a King of the Hill-type gametype)
    - Invasion (If not Monster Hunt)
    - Bunnytrack (Has to be on this list because it really is alot more than just FPS Platforming. It emphasizes movement above combat, since usually there is none, but if you wanted to help people learn how to REALLY move around a map, Bunnytrack is the perfect gametype for you. no other game has really made anything like it, talking as if community and developer content was the same thing for all games. It's just... so incredibly fun even if I technically was never any good at it. If anything it might be doable as a mutator to be used in conjunction with specifically made maps, using the assault gametype as atleast a framework without a time limit or teams. It was usually just a singleplayer thing)
    - Jailbreak (This gametype is like Deathmatch and Capture The Flag's wierd lovechild, only changed slightly in certain ways like removing flags. Another fun gametype, a quick summary of it is this. Team Deathmatch rules, but when a blue team member dies, they go in red team's jail and vice-versa and the objective is to jail th entire enemy team where they are then executed via a usually map-specific way. Some of them had them in a pressurized chamber, others ejected them into space, most of the maps used turrets to kill the prisoners. Also while in jail, if both teams have atleast one prisoner, those prisoners can be randomly selected for a 1v1 duel in a different arena where the victor of it goes free).

Gametypes of the past were awesome, now that anyone can mod the game, I feel that we could more easily create the gametypes we've always wanted and take part in testing them too

Can't wait for Jailbreak, Assaul or Invasion.

Warfare wasn't really too big with me. Some ideas like the Orbs and secondary objectives to help you win were great, but it felt a bit lacking often, like it could have been more than a smaller version of Onslaught with Assault objectives.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BUNNYTRACK

Best game mode I ever played on any game. Period.
    Besides combat mode styles, this game mode offers something completely
    different than any game out there today. Tons of obstacles and air maneuvers.
    Really makes you enjoy the map design and flow. Time yourself to get to the end as fast as you can.
    The more technical skills you have with dodging etc. The better your time will be.
    Dodging off walls, falling, bouncing, front flipping while running, shooting targets in mid air.
    I have never played a better game mode on any game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Duel
    DM
    TDM
    BTA
    CTF
    BR
    Domination (+ double)
    Warfare
    Onslaught
    Assault

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Next to the obvious DM, TDM and CTF I'd love to see Domination (the original UT99) back. It still is my favourite game mode.

Secondary, I'm a huge fan of Jailbreak and Monsterhunt.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Deathmatch
    Team Deathmatch (with at least 4 teams possible)
    Domination
    Capture The Flag
    Assault
    Onslaught
    Headhunter

Assault and Onslaught should be entirely seperate from other

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JonCza View Post
    Assault is pretty fun but personally I would prioritize it last, it's a lot of work to create levels for it.
    There are a lot of ppl who like assault and are willing to map for it. You are Right, that it is a lot of work to map for it. That's why we Need the actors for the gametyp fast so we can Start.

I get a bit bored of dm. Hope it will come fast

Leave a comment:

Working...
X