This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Apart from the UT3 gametypes, Domination is a must (the UT99 version of the gametype is better than the one from UT2kx).

Bombing Run is not a bad gametype but it's a lot similar to CTF, I bet this is why it wasn't included with UT3 and also why it shouldn't be in the retail version of UT4.

Assault is pretty fun but personally I would prioritize it last, it's a lot of work to create levels for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My favorite structure:

Basics
    Standards
    Optional: - maybe a contents for a bonus pack or GOTY version
    Community creation: - BunnyTrack is just an example

MonsterMatch is a PvE (Player vs Environment) based game type (MonsterMatch is not really a good name, hm?? ). A map could look like a arena or a coliseum.
    In the middle of this area spawns a giant boss (creature or robot). This boss spawns from time to time descendant.
    All players have to kill all mobs and the boss, but can't hurt each other. Mobs can heal or protect the boss.
    Each killed monster brings a hand of points, killed players lose points.. The killer of the boss gets extra points.
    The Match ends when the boss dies and the player with the most points win the game.

Vehicles could like Instagib additional loadable as standard mutator.
    default properties in the game type class could look like..
    MapPrefix="CTF"
    VehicleMapPrefix="VCTF"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm... I think all of UT3 gametypes:
    DM, TDM, Duel, CTF, VCTF, War, Onslaught, Assault... and maybe bonus gametype? Road Rage (RR) (for example map will named RR-Crossroad) - Racing with weapons, who first and cost more frags - wins.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hope all previous official gamemodes in previous UT games will be included in UT4:
    - Deathmatch (includes mini-duels)
    - Team Deathmatch (with or without vehicles)
    - Capture the Flag
    - Vehicle CTF
    - Assault the Base (with or without vehicles)
    - Classic or Double Domination (with or without vehicles)
    - Bombing Run (with or without vehicles)
    - Last Man Standing
    - Onslaught/Warfare
    - Invasion
    - Instagib
    Last edited by Zocom7; 10-15-2014, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FragBall? please?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You are going to include TAM of course? Am I right? Everyone now plays TAM in ut2004 - this is the most fun mode tested by time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1
    Bombing Run and LMS

Bombing Run required great technique.. to me it should be a standard and it should be refined... not an afterthought.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How come theres not a lot of ppl asking for Onslaught, oh that's right , you mess'd it up in ut2007 and most of the big clans moved on to other games..

Well I want Onslaught back. And I mean Onslaught from ut2004 not that warfare nonsense from ut3, the only good servers on that were the ones with ut2004 mutator.

I personally only played ut2004 for 2 game modes .. Onslaught with all the maps and mods and Tdm + Zark mod with matrix moves.

I know clans that are starting to play together again in anticipation of this game...

There were clans that only played onslaught and lets hope there will be again ..
    Last edited by Gazzabwoy; 09-15-2014, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to see all the gametypes;
    DM
    TDM
    TAM/RocketArena
    FREON/FreezeTag
    CTF-(add where u can have mutli flags on map for BT map.)
    Bombing Run-
    Assault-(can have vehicles its all on map makers/server hoster xd)
    DOM-UT99 rules
    VDOM-UT2k4
    Onslaught-ut2k4 rules
    Jailbreak(i would like to see this come back I loved arena's and escaping in ut99 maps)
    VCTF-(I pefer ut2k4 rules or least make a mod for it(manta runs and speed/beserk/invis combos)I miss all those ACTIONCITY/Bedroom plays xd).

I would like to see all options be in game rules to either be turned on or off depending the server( vehicles/trans/instagib/full weapon load out/relics/volitle ammo and ex...)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey threat i have news for you. they wont

Leave a comment:

• replied
    pls make all mods

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I like CTF and Vehicle modes. It actually feels like a warfare

No, I'm not a competitive kind of player. I play it for fun, for the action, for the killing. Okay? Okay

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VCTF, Warfare and Domination!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rodigi View Post
    Well...that was my opinion, I know It's impossible to remove them at the current state of the franchise (and the "market" in general) but still...I don't like them...and all of the above statement is absolutely imho. You don't need to be so intolerant
    No, it wasn't your opinion. You were asking Epic to remove all game modes aside from the ones you listed in a semi-forceful manner. If it was "your opinion" that you don't like vehicle modes, then you don't have to play on them. Plain and simple. You could've phrased it like so "Hey, my favorite modes in the series were DM, TDM, Domination and Assault. I really hope those are added into the game". But no, you just had to ask to remove all other modes, didn't you? You have to consider the fact that Epic reads a large majority of posts in the forums. So just because you don't like certain modes, doesn't mean that nobody else should get them. How about I get the large community of players who strictly play vehicle-only or CTF game modes, get them to come onto the forums, and say "we all want Vehicle modes only, please no DM, TDM, Domination, or Assault because those are for brainless noobs who can't use their brain in a tactical manner". Trust me, with those modes only, there would be no possible chance for this game to be eSports-based. Where's the CTF? Where's the vCTF? Where's Onslaught? Where's Greed? Oh no, none of those modes made it into the game, because too many selfish people kept posting on the forums how they didn't like vehicles so nobody else should get to play with them.

Sorry for the rant, just getting a little sick of self-centered n00bs coming into these forums and acting like only the game modes they play / enjoy should be in the game, while all the others shouldn't be, and giving absolutely no good debatable reasons for why they shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Specter_; 09-02-2014, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the modes listed below are already great!

Duel
    Deathmatch
    Capture the Flag
    Team Deathmatch
    Domination
    Assault
    Bombing Run
    And Instagib for all game types.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X