X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Specter_ View Post
    Just gtfo.
    Well...that was my opinion, I know It's impossible to remove them at the current state of the franchise (and the "market" in general) but still...I don't like them...and all of the above statement is absolutely imho. You don't need to be so intolerant

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rodigi View Post
    Please, DM, TDM, DOM (classic) and Assault only. No more vehicles everywhere
    Just gtfo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please, DM, TDM, DOM (classic) and Assault only. No more vehicles everywhere

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see only Bombing run at Trello https://trello.com/b/Q07L4mSS/unreal...nt-programming

Please add Domination at least.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT99 - Assault, it was the longest and best leauge ever (utassault.net)
    It was the custom maps that really made it magic. Standard maps was to short and could
    sometimes only take 17seconds to finish..

Custom maps was for League matches with tactics and real team skills.
    They dont need to be very "big/massive" only longer from Point A to B. To
    keep the pace and speed forward.

/Ba]V[sE :satan:

+Hammerjumps, hammerlaunches (single, double and tripple), rocketlaunch

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First Gametypes DM TDM Duel not CTF vCTF Domination BR AS ons

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sunwolf View Post
    Having Domination as a gametype would be very good,it is one of the best gametypes i have ever witnessed. The fact that you have to know the map very well and work as a team stands out from other types and it could also replace TDM very well since DM and TDM are almost the same
    Domination... yes. Double Domination... er... it's kind of annoying to hold both the points down and wait for few seconds to score. So I'm for classic DOM for this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Having Domination as a gametype would be very good,it is one of the best gametypes i have ever witnessed

The fact that you have to know the map very well and work as a team stands out from other types and it could also replace TDM very well since DM and TDM are almost the same
    Last edited by UnlawfuІ; 08-28-2014, 06:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Every gametypes are accepted... personally i don't like vehicles. peace

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Concept for Assault Revamp or New Game Mode: Infiltration
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ult-Reimagined

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to share my experience when games have multiple game modes and tell little about their pros and cons.

I will start with the general pros and cons of multiple game modes. If you happen to have a game with multiple game modes it can provide content for everyone that fits various different player needs. The downside of having multiple game modes is that it splits the games own community.

I like the word core Unreal Tournament. This solves many problems. Note to developers make sure that this core Unreal Tournament is the main thing in the next Unreal Tournament. It is the place where the skill counts and it is both fun and serious competition. The rest is just extra! Make sure that the community knows what is core and what is extra.

I have to say a few words about the game mode called Warfare because it was the most best game mode ever presented and it still is to me. Many fps games now have regenerative health and no pick ups at all. This is very sad. Picking power ups is the best thing ever invented for fps games. Think of Dota or LoL and compare them with Unreal Tournament. You gain XP which gives you more different stats. In Unreal Tournament the pick up system does the same. When you kill someone and he is dead for a while you get the chance to get that XP/power up advantage by looting the map. This gives deaths more realism, meaning and you just want to avoid it more. Like you should. It promotes that. I like that. You are supposed to be scare of dying. In modern FPS games deaths are just getting more pointless and pointless because of fast spawn times and game speeds. Campers? I have not seen any in Unreal Tournament simply because everyone is busy picking up power ups which promotes moving. Camper and passive playing problems solved! Why modern military shooters do not support this??? Warfare man I gotta tell you that is simply the best. It is like it combines many different game modes and that is why I think it should be in the core Unreal Tournament as it would suit for the majority of players. Everything is there it is like Battlefields rush because of the node linking system. It has vehicles! Orb and playing with it is like capturing the flag. Core is the very symbol of conquest. It is Team death match. It is even kinda like small strategy or tactical game mode which really requires a lot of teamwork. Because of its power ups it is little kinda like Dota or LoL. It is an RPG also because you can drive certain vehicle or be an orb taxi or orb runner himself or even just defend the nodes. Simply the best game mode ever made in the history of video gaming.

I'm really looking forward this game. Keep up the good work. Once you go Unreal you never go back to reality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, this is going a bit far afield from what I would expect from UT. What I would love to see as a game mode for the future, would be something akin to what Star Wars Battlefront 2 offered with space combat. I remember UT2004 had Assault maps that involved space combat, but it still revolved around attack/defend mechanics.

I would love to see a straight up fight between 2 bases/capital ships where the players involved would be able to leave their own base, hop into a fighter, fly out the hangar and engage in ether space combat, or land in the opponents hangar and damage their base from the inside.

That is pretty much the bottom outline, but it is worth thinking about. SW BF2 was pretty basic in terms of space flight and FPS combat, but I still played it for a fair while, because it was a great deal of fun. I know there is a remake in the works, but from the perspective of low skill players that are looking for fun, they would find it in this type of game mode, whereas many of them would quit if all they had was 1v1 DM. And given the current space games that will be out in the future (namely Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen), neither of them are fully committed to PvP gameplay, so this could potentially be an ace in the hole for UT4. To be blunt, I think if UT4 wants to attract a large audience, it will need fun game modes that are less about high skill and more about messing around and having a good time, as casual players dislike games that require skilled aiming (from my experience).

Failing that, Assault and Bombing Run would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally, I'd like to see warfare expanded on in the following ways:
    1: control points which can spawns some form of bot.
    1a: Say an aircraft generation point also activates an anti air auto turret and a couple of internal defense bots. Nothing an experienced player couldn't handle, but it ups the risk factor for taking things.
    1b: Have some maps have an actual warbot factory type control node. Players could divert to this node and spawn 1-4 bots which would follow them, squad style, to better allow for full vehicle utilization, at the cost of bots being somewhat dumb.
    The overall effect of this is to increase the potential firepower per player, and allow for larger maps and more tactical gameplay. It can also allow for lower player count games to still be fun and frenetic, and can mitigate the power imbalance with uneven teams.

2: Have optional objectives, or additional objectives that affect the game flow, and fit in with my prior suggestion. Such as say secondary generators, or supply pipes, or something. Say Red team keeps capturing their bot factory node, but its supplied by a generator and a materiel transport line. Blue team can destroy the materiel line to reduce the bot production rate.

3: Introduce map chains. Specifically this would be a sequence of maps played which is dependent on the victory state of the previous map. Start off with an essentially symmetrical map. If red team wins, the next map gives red a bit of an advantage, say an extra node captured at the start, or more vehicles, or faster spawns, or even an asymmetric map with some distinct advantage on red's side. Red wins again, and the next map red gets an additional soft advantage like vehicles or spawn rates, while blue gets a defensive advantage, like auto turrets, or helper bots. Red wins again, map chain over. There could be a lot of variations on this theme, but it could add some extra meaning to winning or losing a map, and make it more like a warfare campaign. (maybe just have that as the gametype? Skirmish = single map with balanced settings, campaign = map chain)

also this list of types:
    - DM
    - VCTF
    - TDM
    - BR
    - CTF
    - DOMINATION
    - Assault
    - Warfare

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tournament game

Originally posted by PeRasa Mario View Post
    I would definetly love to see Domination and Bombing run gametypes back to new UT. Although there is something that I think all of you guys need to be aware of. A word "Tournament" meens that there is a reward in the end for a winner or a champion. UT99 and UT2004 had great trophies and trophy room ( I think that I liked even more trophies and trohy room from UT99 ) I was very dissapointed knowing that UT3 didn't have trophies, it just didn't felt like a Tournament, like it did in previous series. I'm really looking forward that you guys will notice this and do it well, and I hope that the design of a trophies for all gametypes will be outstanding and made in truly Epic way!
    I definitely agree with you. The game should be tournament based and have all sorts of trophy's.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to see Last Man Standing and Domination back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X