This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    v it's mean for Vehicle include Hoveboard ! no distinction ..

and by Monsterhunt / Invasion .. take a look on

UT99 Monsterhunt or UT2k4 Invasion

if this not an Result, where mus it accept, then tell to me liar !
    The poll gives an clean result !! No invasion , Monsterhunt !

best regards
    Blacky
    Last edited by Blackcrack; 07-14-2014, 02:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DUKAPb View Post
    Must be at standart:

- DM
    - VCTF (UT2004, mantarun yes, no hoveboard)
    - TAM
    - TDM
    - iCTF
    - BR
    - FREON
    - CTF
    - DOMINATION
    agreed. all in instagib mod aswell ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post

maybe unpopular view but... were there low grav vctf servers that were always popular? yes. IG sniper zark LMS servers too? yes.
    But the most played gametypes were always DM and CTF. keep UT where it was most played and build out from there...

UT was always fun not complicated, even at higher levels of play, and even for llamas like me

TAM was way more popular than these things. I experienced it also more popular than assualt and onslaught

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Game modes that require lots of strategy and teamwork have always been the most fun for me. I'd really like to see a "Control Point" game type (à la TF2) - it would basically be "Warfare" scaled down and without vehicles. Maybe the Warfare name could be scrapped and replaced by Control Point (CP) and Vehicle Control Point (vCP)? Or something else along those lines?

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure many CTF maps could be easily re-purposed for a Control Point game type. You've already got two bases, and a central choke point area for the central node. Because existing maps could be used, and it's just a matter of dropping in some functionality from Warfare, the cost for implementing such a game type would be minimal - and it would be a lot of fun, imo.
    Last edited by bad_infinite; 07-08-2014, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd love for this release of UT to succeed and be played for a long time. Just one grrls opinion, but keeping it simple with gametypes might help that.

DM, TDM, CTF and with ONS/WAR or Assault would be more than enough out of the box imnsho... let the community work with you on the other gametypes.

Would love to see the Jailbreak and CTF4 teams back in action

maybe unpopular view but... were there low grav vctf servers that were always popular? yes. IG sniper zark LMS servers too? yes.
    But the most played gametypes were always DM and CTF. keep UT where it was most played and build out from there...

UT was always fun not complicated, even at higher levels of play, and even for llamas like me
    Last edited by UnrealGrrl; 07-08-2014, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Head-Hunter (was a mod for both UT99 and Quake 3)

2. No politically correct name for this one but basically in Unreal bring back the ball from Bombing Run and have a free for all style game where whoever holds onto the ball is accumulating points everyone else tries to frag him. There are points for fragging too but they don't rack up as fast as while you carry the ball.

A spin on this could be instead of racking up points you see if the player can actually carry the ball through a goal on the map like the goals in bombing run. If he can make it through the goal in spite of everyone else trying to stop him that should be worth a lot of points.

Non PC name for it (I warned you)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mentioned many times before already. Just want to stress that its important to have the instagib in any mod. And ofcourse TAM.

EDIT:
    The UT sounds were great. Keep it in, so you can tell where the people are walking/dodging in the map.
    And ofcourse the standard double kill, ..., holy ****. with the killing spree till wicked sick
    Last edited by MichealKnight; 07-06-2014, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like to see:

- DM
    - TDM
    - CTF
    - Instagib CTF (yes make this please a separate game type)
    - Trail

I think these make sense additionally:
    - Assault
    - Onslaught
    - Domination
    - Double Domination
    - Last Man Standing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Of course we must not forget...

It's time to D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Primary focus should be on Duel/TDM and TAM/BTA/Arena (what ever you wanna call it) first, because duel is just TDM with a player cap of 2, and BTA/TAM/ClanArena is basically just Last man standing /w teams... Pretty simple. Capture the flag and Old School Domination should probably be next on the list, followed by free for all games like Deathmatch and King of The Hill, because Deathmatch is easy, it's just TDM w/o teams, and King of the Hill is basically just free for all Domination with only 1 capture point. Bombing Run/Assault/Onslaught/Warfare and maybe even Double Dom, Overdose, and Jailbreak should be later on down the list, but are none the less important.

As for all the people arguing about vehicles or no vehicles in Assault, I have to agree with those who said that it should be up to the map developer, just as the case should be for CTF/VCTF, and DM maps like Heatray.

I know it's no where near this, but I would suggest grouping game modes together when it comes to the menu select for game modes such as CTF/VCTF/BR/Jailbreak could all be one menu option to find servers for, just as TDM/TAM could be one choice, and Assault/Onslaught could also be one choice and so could Deathmatch/King of the Hill. But what would be even better is if you could refine your search for servers to have like check boxes for the game types you would like to view servers for, so you could see more than one set of servers at once... Also we need a spectate button IN GAME, so that people don't have to disconnect and rejoin a server to spectate like in UT3.

I also believe that team deathmatch, and domination should (as UT99 did) support up to 4 teams BY DEFAULT (at least 4 teams)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm convinced that as soon as there's a CTF game mode and the first vehicle is implemented, you will see someone adding VCTF.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    vCTF......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    vctf!!!!!!!
    Last edited by eprY; 06-23-2014, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VCTF - great gametype, which is the main gametype in UT3 for last few years (VCTF and DUEL i guess).
    It will be nice to see hoverboads, to make this gametype more dynamic
    DM/TDM/DUEL - no comments, UT without this gametypes will be not be UT
    ASSAULT
    BOMBING RUN
    And I can agree with RAPTOR, VCTF is one of the popular gametypes in UT3 now, i think only cuz of VCTF UT3 is "still alive"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know VCTF is one of the most popular game modes (with hoverboards as well), but so many of those players don't even take the time to come to these forums and vote for it / say how much they like it. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X