[New Gametype Design]Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[New Gametype Design]Volleyball

Yeah, pretty straightforward. Let me get a clearer picture here.

Instead of players, we have warriors.
    Instead of a net and rules, we have a energy barrier that kills any player to cross to other teams area. Projectiles and "bullets" are free to cross.
    Instead of a ball, we have a redeemer missile that speeds up over time. Try that FIVB! (Unlike other missiles, that will go in an arc, not straight) Missile goes boom when it collides with terrain or the player except the Impact Hammer.
    And we have Impact Hammer (a "Ball Launcher" type of unique weapon for this gametype) that sends the missile (not holds it) up, up and away... It may also launch players the same way to add more strategy to gameplay.

There are two ways to score here: Killing enemy is worth 1 point, getting the Redeemer to explode in enemy's area is worth 25+(player size) point (Redeemer kills everyone in the area btw.). This number can be adjusted.

Because of the pretty straightforward arena type, some weapons may need to be unavailable.

Arenas may have jump-pads, little buildings to be more game-friendly.

Edit 1: Charging the Impact Hammer will boost the redeemer missile for that shot only. think of it the usual volleyball smash shot. When the other team deflects, it gets to normal velocity again.
    Edit 2: Arenas should be large enough to not to cram players in and slaughtered by the splash damage, but small enough to keep the players on toes.
    Edit 3: I'm still thinking a way to prevent "Out of Bounds". Any ideas?
    Last edited by Tycerax; 05-13-2014, 05:30 AM.
    Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

You know what? This is just insane enough that I could see it working. I kinda want to see this now. So would you be shooting at the other team with rifles while they tried to pass? If so, that could be really interesting. You'd need cover to hide behind on both sides, I suppose.

Comment

sounds interesting...

Comment

This.... could be a lot of fun. Shooting each other through the beam wall, having to dodge incoming fire, while trying to keep a deadly nuke airborne. sounds fun.

Would you carry the hammer as one weapon and have to switch to it to hit the redeemer back allowing anyone to do so? Or would you have say 2 team members designated as the "returners" of the nuke, and the rest of the team defends them?

Comment

Originally posted by Keon View Post
          You know what? This is just insane enough that I could see it working. I kinda want to see this now. So would you be shooting at the other team with rifles while they tried to pass? If so, that could be really interesting. You'd need cover to hide behind on both sides, I suppose.
          Yes, you can shoot and disrupt enemy team from even getting to the nuke.

Originally posted by KillTrain View Post
          This.... could be a lot of fun. Shooting each other through the beam wall, having to dodge incoming fire, while trying to keep a deadly nuke airborne. sounds fun.

Would you carry the hammer as one weapon and have to switch to it to hit the redeemer back allowing anyone to do so? Or would you have say 2 team members designated as the "returners" of the nuke, and the rest of the team defends them?
          Everybody should have the hammer but you have to switch back and forth to pass/shoot.
          Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

I like the idea, what if you could deflect it with any weapon but have a limit of hits on it in your area (like volleyball) else it explodes, thoughts?

Comment

Multihit weapons (like Enforcer/Assult Rifle, Minigun or even Flak Cannon) would be a disaster.. Also it would decrease the tension because of the range.

Comment

5 month bump. (:

With a lot new faces around; I'd like to know how you guys think of this too. Sounds fun enough? Or dreadful? Please, share your opinions. (:

Comment

Working...
                X