[TAM] (Team) Arena Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yes it's called Last Team Standing in UT4 and is on some of the non-Epic servers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is anyone actually developing it?
    I live for TAM.. I wish more than anything that it'll be added.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I play Clan Arena all the time on Quake Live and it's probably my favorite gametype besides standard TDM. I'm in favor of this being a game mode, but this shouldn't be the default gametype. I voted no.

The default gametypes should really be the original gametypes that were included in Unreal Tournament since its inception, your standard Deathmatch, TDM, CTF and Duel (1v1) modes. As much as I like the idea of TAM, making it the default game mode would just turn UT into Counter-Strike, and for team vs. team elimination type gameplay, Counter-Strike already has that corner of the market with its Bomb Defusal and Hostage Extraction game types.

As said before, I am in favor of this being another game type on its own. And Pro players especially can stick with it as their default gametype for competitive play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lets put it like this, the only UT I play these days is TAM so there must be something good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TAM become popular in 2k4 because it was a melting pot / cess pool for all of the other game types. People from invasion, instagib, ctf, tdm and dm could all play an easy-to-learn, balanced playing field of a game type. It picked up popularity because people were lazy and TDM/CTF was too unbalanced for most. The skill range / gap in 2k4 (and I'm sure 99) was larger when the game required some sort of skill, other than starting with all weapons and learning maps; this is where TAM came in.

TAM didn't pick up its full player base until TDM and CTF started to fade away. It also had the support of the developers, their money and their tournament/ranking system GINA ( The dev's who were later hired by Quake). The 3SPN dev's created a solid website, match making server and product. They also had money. Did i mention money?

EX: https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...nth-for-August

And yes, TAM is Quake CA.

Oh, and no. Not the default, but sure, make it an available gametype.
    Last edited by beck`; 05-13-2014, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While I don't support it as a default gametype, I do fully support it as a mod created, maintained and refined by the Unreal community. I would rather Epic proper concentrate on the gametypes they've created, personally.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It should be in the basegame, being a mutator for tdm or a standard game mode. Just like Freon and AM.
    The nowadays playerscounts these game modes have in UT or simular games, like CSGO, illustrate it got a playerbase to trigger.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
    I haven't played TAM but actually it's the same as Clan Arena in Quake right?
    Yes or BTA in UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {UE}Shaggy2Dope View Post
    It is round based, like let's say CS:GO bomb defuse stuff.
    I haven't played TAM but actually it's the same as Clan Arena in Quake right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TAM was the stuff towards the end of UT2004. I really really enjoyed it to the point where I didn't even want to play much DM/CTF anymore. The gametype just makes sense in a straight up fragger like UT.

That being said, it should just be something that is left for online servers/ladders/events and the like. It was great as a mutators that you could just turn on when you felt like it and find the TAM servers out there in the cloud to join/play.

This being said, I recall that the brightly colored skin mods/ping noises on hit became very popular too.

Bottom Line: I say include TAM as a default mutator that has support from the 3spn guys (if they are still active), or rights turned over to the community etc for development in the new UT. Do not make it a requirement/main game mode however because it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Voted no as a standard gametype. Kinda worried about people eventually releasing maps without weapons/pickups because of TAM becoming too popular.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by van Kuss View Post
    No as default.
    Default should be the classic ones.
    this and only this, if you love TAM so much make it a mutator like it was for UT2004. You will **** so many people off if it was a core game mode.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think it's going to be as big of a deal as people are making it. Sometimes I'll play duel, sometimes TDM, sometimes TAM, etc. I have no doubt other people will do the same. Sure there will be some people who won't ever play TAM, and some people who won't ever play TDM, but it's a REALLY popular game mode and not to have it would be dumb.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't mind if it will be a default mode or not, even though i think it is a good idea to do so.
    Like you stated already: it became really popular and its attractive for every skill level.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Neorej View Post
    I have never played this, but when I read your description, this is the first thing to come to mind: isn't this gametype extremely unbalanced in favor of the team gets the first point (or first few points)?
    AM is unbalanced in this way. I could sit back while someone else kills everyone, then kill him and get the point.
    TAM is balanced.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X