Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duel game mode changes

Hello folks,

I'm thinking about the way the Duel game mode is right now (practically a 2 player deathmatch) and I think it can be improved in the sense of player experience.

I joined a duel map and 2 players where at it. I joined as a spectator. When the map ended, the same 2 players were fighting against each other again, which surprised me a little bit.

I think the duel mode would be better if you could have, let's say 4 players join the game, not spectating, and a queue is formed. The winning player stays in the game, while the loser goes to the bottom of the queue when the map changes.

Thoughts?

I like this idea, but I would also like the ability to disable it in the server options. My friend and I might want to play multiple matches together without having to switch out.

Comment

You could limit the player number to 2 / set a password on the server.

Comment

I like the idea of the queue, but only giving acces to a "slot" if a contender leave or reach the "max rounds number" (could be a setting, free or something like "Best of 3" or "Best of 5"). This way you could play as long as you want / can, people spectating, and whenever you're done people take your sit.

Comment

The potential issue with a system like this is that whoever loses will just leave the game because they'll be sitting out for 10+ minutes. You could have a system where you could queue for a duel then go play ffa/tdm or whatever in the same hub and once the slot was available for you you'd be prompted automatically to join the game.
          :|

Comment

This is how it should work. Quake works like this. Want a competitive scene... add queuing. Want to keep your seat? Then win.

Comment

Working...
            X