No announcement yet.

How about a MOBA type setup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic How about a MOBA type setup?

How about a MOBA type setup?

I have always been thinking of a MOBA sort of gametype in FPS.
    #We will have 3 lanes.
    #Two bases instead of "towers" on each side's lanes.
    #Minions would actually be bots that would be balanced so that they neither are too strong and distracting nor too weak to be ignored completely.
    #The minions will defend when the opposite team is attacking and pressing. And they'll attack when you are pressing.
    #You will only spawn at the main base.
    #There will be a jungle full of mobs and some monsters.
    #You may have health packs at secondary bases but spawn point is only the base.
    #There is a spawn cooldown.
    #Vehicles would make things more interesting.
    #No complex in game item buys though... That is no fun in an Arena shooter.
    #Though ammo would be a little limited, just to slowdown the pace of the game so that it does not turn into a mindless shoot fest.

I'll keep adding as ideas keep coming to my mind.
    Last edited by Vajr; 05-13-2014, 06:51 AM. Reason: Changed the title

• replied
    Vajr Any progress on the mod?
    I really like the idea of MODA mod within the Unreal Tournament universe.
    These days i mostly play Paragon, even though i would like run through some Liandri complex corridors...
    Is there a way to play UT in 3rd person view anyway?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I'll try making this mod anyway...
    Let's see where it takes me. May be people will like it, maybe they won't
    Atleast I'll have a portfolio.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    God no.

At least, not as part of the official game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
    I hope it is sarcasm, please tell me that it is sarcasm!
    I never expected everybody to shout a collective "**** yes!" in excitement over my concept lol.
    Your reaction is well received. hah.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Panicintrinsica View Post
    I’ve never liked MOBAs at all to be honest. At least for me personally, I can’t imagine a scenario in which Unreal Tournament + a MOBA makes any sense. I can picture a sort of Onslaught/Assault combination mode with bots just fine, but the whole thought of having levels and "mobs" and experience buyable items and skills and all of the other MOBA hallmarks just seem like alien concepts here. I mean, you’re talking about a sub-genera of an RTS being hybridized with possibly one of the most twitchy arena shooters in existence, and I can’t see a middle ground between them outside of the word “arena”
    MY MOBA concept can be considered a variation on Onslaught.
    Just have 3 lanes , capped players and bot minions... you are good to go.
    Last edited by Vajr; 05-15-2014, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've actually been thinking about a similar idea since the new UT announcement.

There are quite a few things in MOBAs (in my case I'm specifically looking at Dota 2) that wouldn't work in a direct control FPS though. My current thinking is a merge of certain elements of the team based modes from UT with a roster of unique heroes, in match leveling and items to pick from. Last hits would still be in there too, headshots would be the best way to get them.

Also I really like the idea of bringing the UT announcer full circle back to Unreal: Classic UT games -> WC3 DotA -> Dota 2 -> UT'14

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You know, as a mod... ...this actually sounds hilarious/fun. I've enjoyed MOBAs here and there and a goofy UT variation could be fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I’ve never liked MOBAs at all to be honest. At least for me personally, I can’t imagine a scenario in which Unreal Tournament + a MOBA makes any sense. I can picture a sort of Onslaught/Assault combination mode with bots just fine, but the whole thought of having levels and "mobs" and experience buyable items and skills and all of the other MOBA hallmarks just seem like alien concepts here. I mean, you’re talking about a sub-genera of an RTS being hybridized with possibly one of the most twitchy arena shooters in existence, and I can’t see a middle ground between them outside of the word “arena”

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Buying weapons or having an experience/leveling system is probably not a great idea. Just ONS with occasional teams of bots that move out to try to cap nodes on their own would be sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hope it is sarcasm, please tell me that it is sarcasm!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I liked the buy-able weapons idea...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah, I am open to ideas...
    I may start working on this once the beta comes out.
    I would really love to make this as a game mode in the UT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds like a cool idea for a mod though I may add:

Leveling system + Ultimate abilities eg redeemer at some point into the game
    bot minions should be very dumb
    much more health (displayed over players heads)
    longer death timers at higher levels
    maybe limit of weapons / buyable

Leave a comment:

Working...
X