Bring bunnytrack & siege game modes (mods) from UT99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring bunnytrack & siege game modes (mods) from UT99

Most of you probably don't know this modes, but I can tell you this are probably the funiest modes you can play in UT. If you haven't done yet, try them.

Lot of people talk about how they like the movement of UT99, when you play bunnytrack you understand why.

I think this should be a must in the todo list.

http://www.bunnytrack.org/
    http://www.unrealkillers.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5
    Last edited by velocidad; 05-13-2014, 06:37 AM.

I remember bunnytrack it was quite difficult yet extremely satisfying, and siege well that was very strange but very interesting too bad bots cant really play it so I haven't played real games. But I'd love to play these in a new version but I imagine that these would be mods rather than built in gametypes but both definitely worth a look for anyone who hasn't played them although they aren't for everyone I suspect.

Comment

bt is best game to get the skill in movement and it helps ppl to get good aim

Comment

Originally posted by awergh View Post
        I remember bunnytrack it was quite difficult yet extremely satisfying, and siege well that was very strange but very interesting too bad bots cant really play it so I haven't played real games. But I'd love to play these in a new version but I imagine that these would be mods rather than built in gametypes but both definitely worth a look for anyone who hasn't played them although they aren't for everyone I suspect.
        That's true, the bots get crazy because they did not know what to do xDDD. But I can tell you after playing 10vs10 matchs, this is realy FUN !!

About mod vs gametype, here is the first the error in my opinion. People don't know this mods because only few servers run them, and only few of them are public. If we are going to start from the begining, why don't give people lot of choices? Why add mods on a later state when we don't have publiser dead lines?

You think another mod should be in the game? add it, now it's the time. On later stages when the game will be close to finish that's not the moment, but now...
        Last edited by velocidad; 05-13-2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

If you want to think of Siege, it is pretty much like ONS, but instead of nodes you have buildings that you can build and protect your base. It might be cool to have vehicles in siege since some maps tend to get big but it is an idea.
          History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
          UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
          UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
          UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Originally posted by SDAHeatWave View Post
            If you want to think of Siege, it is pretty much like ONS, but instead of nodes you have buildings that you can build and protect your base. It might be cool to have vehicles in siege since some maps tend to get big but it is an idea.
            I can see Siegev2 being building actual buildings instead of some random little node, that would be pretty incredible, to build a new building/part of base anywhere on the map.

Something with turrets on it, some cover to hide behind, maybe an aura to restore health to players in its radius....

Going to have to be something done by the community though.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
              I can see Siegev2 being building actual buildings instead of some random little node, that would be pretty incredible, to build a new building/part of base anywhere on the map.

Something with turrets on it, some cover to hide behind, maybe an aura to restore health to players in its radius....

Going to have to be something done by the community though.
              They are not nodes at all. You can build anything, (shields, weapons, super protectors (which are like turrents), armor, shield)
              UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Originally posted by SDAHeatWave View Post
                They are not nodes at all. You can build anything, (shields, weapons, super protectors (which are like turrents), armor, shield)
                Hmm, I'm talking about UT99, I don't remember seeing structures, just nodes..maybe I've forgotten and should take a look.

Hopefully we have a basic DM-game up from epic soon so we can start fiddling with it.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                  Hmm, I'm talking about UT99, I don't remember seeing structures, just nodes..maybe I've forgotten and should take a look.

Hopefully we have a basic DM-game up from epic soon so we can start fiddling with it.
                  are you thinking of the core? Also there were RU's scatter around.
                  UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Hello all, my name is Alex, aka LiquidSith..

I agree with OP that BunnyTrack should be an established gametype even though it is a no-frag CTF mode.. There were so many different kinds of obstacles that players had to maneuver around. Very tall maps that centered around falling through fast rotating fans, buttons on timers, basic shape maps that focused strictly on height and jumping from long straight steps. God I loved this mod.

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/?tab=bt&sort=rating

Check out these BT maps for starters:

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-Maverick

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-Peaceful_fix

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-%28Roel%29Vertical

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-Haunting

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-SpaceBunniesReloaded

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-MountainBase

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-ZigZag_i4g

Comment

Originally posted by velocidad View Post
                      That's true, the bots get crazy because they did not know what to do xDDD. But I can tell you after playing 10vs10 matchs, this is realy FUN !!

About mod vs gametype, here is the first the error in my opinion. People don't know this mods because only few servers run them, and only few of them are public. If we are going to start from the begining, why don't give people lot of choices? Why add mods on a later state when we don't have publiser dead lines?

You think another mod should be in the game? add it, now it's the time. On later stages when the game will be close to finish that's not the moment, but now...
                      Yeah I think I am differentiating between mod and gametype for no real reason when I think about it. I think the important thing is that each particular game type whether in the base game or not is easily discoverable instead of someone picking a random CTF server that has the cool mod that they want running on it

Comment

BT is a slight variant of CTF, i can't see it being hard to code once CTF is ready

What we need for BT is good movement, slope jumping/dodging and probably the ability to remove movement types from certain maps

For example if double jumping, dodge jumping or wall dodging were included in the game, or something else then maps would be much more complicated to make without people abusing the walls and long moves for easy shortcuts

I say removed per map as some maps could be made to include challenging wall dodge scenarios, for example

Siege will probly be a mod, although i hope we can take ideas from siege and from other games and help make ONS better

Comment

Originally posted by tigerclaw View Post
                          BT is a slight variant of CTF, i can't see it being hard to code once CTF is ready

What we need for BT is good movement, slope jumping/dodging and probably the ability to remove movement types from certain maps

For example if double jumping, dodge jumping or wall dodging were included in the game, or something else then maps would be much more complicated to make without people abusing the walls and long moves for easy shortcuts

I say removed per map as some maps could be made to include challenging wall dodge scenarios, for example

Siege will probably be a mod, although i hope we can take ideas from siege and from other games and help make ONS better
                          The issue is BT really relied on the small movement bugs in UT. The UT2004 Version wasn't the same feeling, and never caught on I do not think. Would it be possible for a sub mod of CTF to have modified moments that allow what was in the original?

Comment

For people that still do not understand siege:

@Tigerclaw - I have actually been thinking about that. Combining Siege with Onslaught, even people wanted to add vehicles into the game. However I think that would need to be tested and EPIC will need to work with the creators of Siege to make it work.
                            UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Originally posted by velocidad View Post
                              Most of you probably don't know this modes, but I can tell you this are probably the funiest modes you can play in UT. If you haven't done yet, try them.

Lot of people talk about how they like the movement of UT99, when you play bunnytrack you understand why.

I think this should be a must in the todo list.

http://www.bunnytrack.org/
                              http://www.unrealkillers.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5
                              **** Heatwave I didn't you got into UE4, **** I miss dem siege days.
                              I played siege before back in 2013, played the MLSGs and GU siege, it was very strict on rules. No supplier spam, no camping, no DMing, no glitching with trans, no leeching, no over mining, i no boosting, etc etc and it goes on!
                              ***** track is amazing though, I would love to see that.
                              I'm ZaccyBoy from uK though if you recognize me ;D
                              Zacc

Comment

Working...
                              X