Which Domination?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Domination?

Which Domination mode, if any, would you like to see and why?
    Domination (UT99)
    80.65%
    Double Domination (UT2003)
    14.52%
    Other
    1.61%
    None of the Above
    3.23%

Domination with variable points. I remember a map called DOM-Kingofthehill and it was basically a big hill with only one point.
    From 1 to 6 points should be good. And actually, there was another mutator that added random DOM points to DM maps, this was pretty awesome.

Never liked Double Domination.

PS: Talk about variety, there was even another Domination mutator, it was a mix of TDM and DOM and basically if you score a frag with 0 controlled points you get 0 score, and more points you controlled the more your frags had value.
    http://i.imgur.com/6dJ1rdc.jpg

Comment

van Kuss. Battlefield Heroes have this kind of TDM/DOM mix - it works quite well... In case of UT it could possibly work even better. Teams would have to balance capturing points and controlling power ups. Big challenge for level designers though. Team with both item and capture point domination would completely obliterate other team.
      Unofficial Enforcer Model
      Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
        van Kuss. Battlefield Heroes have this kind of TDM/DOM mix - it works quite well... In case of UT it could possibly work even better. Teams would have to balance capturing points and controlling power ups. Big challenge for level designers though. Team with both item and capture point domination would completely obliterate other team.
        They had this this in UT99, was called sdom, or shock domination and it worked well but wasn't that popular although there was 2 or 3 competitive cups on clanbase

Comment

I'm an admin in 2k4, but my community plays only classic dom. I've converted over a 100 map for it. PM me if anyone would like a copy.
          http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps5e385043.jpg

Comment

4-team Domination will always have a place in my cold, metal heart.

It was great even with 2 teams, but there were usually 3 or more control points and you pretty much had to be moving all the time, though you could also play defense for any of the control points. There were just dynamics present that weren't available for most other team-based gametypes.
            --- ULTRON ---

Comment

Originally posted by van Kuss View Post
              Domination with variable points. I remember a map called DOM-Kingofthehill and it was basically a big hill with only one point.
              EDIT: You gave me an idea for a new take on Domination. Posted here in a different thread for separate discussion:
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...4378#post44378
              Last edited by x3-StarMech; 05-14-2014, 04:56 AM.
              Work:
              Gametypes: Lockdown
              Mutators: Moving Combos Only

Comment

I know I'm the minority here, but I'd say DDOM hands-down.

Try to recall what this sounded like:

Originally posted by UT2003 Announcer
                LLLLLLast second save!
                Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
                "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
                Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

DDOM is not real. I voted for the only real Domination
                  HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                  BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I think DoubleDomination was much more fun and faster - you couldn't just sit on your base, guard your sign and send out attack groups to get maybe a shot at the other base. Although I like the old Domination too, but I prefer DDOM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a (classic) domination gametype that added control points on certain points in DM or CTF maps, but it shouldn't be a priority. Any map that is designed for DOM could have been spent on a DM or CTF map. Or a BR map, for that matter.

Originally posted by DDRRE View Post

Try to recall what this sounded like:

LLLLLLast second save!
                      Unfortunately, that mostly sounded like "What the hell is the rest of my team doing? Picking flowers?". Usually, bots liked to play deathmatch too much to give a **** about trivialities like winning the match.

EDIT: ****...just saw the poll results. I knew DDOM wasn't as popular as DOM, but I didn't expect it to be THIS different.
                      My UT threads (latest: my take on defensive items, poll on the melee weapon's alt fire and My take on the storyline)

Comment

Working...
                      X