Do you want trial and races back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes and no

It shouldn't clutter the assault gametype for people who want to play, but perhaps there should be a 'custom gametype' list for non official types, such as trials and racing, where anything with a custom type will show up here.
    With counter strike, it comes up with every match and mode so you can experiment, but all UTs have only shown the gametypes you have installed.

Originally posted by Wail View Post
    This is one of the issues that boggles me. It's entirely comprehensible to enjoy racing games. What I don't understand is the appeal of the "race" maps that showed up, since they rarely had any actual resemblance to racing, and didn't even do demolition derby in a fun way. Meanwhile better implementations of racing like Unwheel were abandoned.
    Race maps were nice for a bit of a change, and the unwheel point you made relates to that last point I made AS race maps were there for everyone to play. Unwheel matches required you to actually have installed unwheel, so it died out. Basically anything that didn't work off the core gametypes was doomed to fail, a long overdue update to this would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMuffin View Post
      Trials have been changed around where being on a multiplayer server is quite fun. There are group trials where you pair up to complete team objectives, solo maps where you battle each other live and quite a few other fun things. If assault does get created for UT4 and pretty sure this is going to happen, you will see trials come back.
      holy ....... SgtMuffin?? you are my UT2K4 hero, ****ing love your maps

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMuffin
        Trials have been changed around where being on a multiplayer server is quite fun. There are group trials where you pair up to complete team objectives, solo maps where you battle each other live and quite a few other fun things. If assault does get created for UT4 and pretty sure this is going to happen, you will see trials come back.
        Seems to me that assault is not even necessary with BP.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
          Seems to me that assault is not even necessary with BP.
          It's technically not, although I think I would personally rather see Assault as its own gametype rather than trying to Assault-ify, say, CTF. A person going to play CTF has a certain set of expectations, and even though we can wrap certain elements into this it's probably best to not totally upend those expectations. BunnyTrack seems to have been built on CTF, for example, but I really don't want to see CTF being taken over by BunnyTrack maps.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I would just suggest some kind of sandbox gametype to do those kind of maps?

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

My position in this: add BT/race/trials if you want but DON'T MIX THAT WITH ASSAULT. As a separate gametype, I doubt people will have a problem. Reasons were explained above.
              Unreal Wiki - Collecting Unreal lore, one article at a time.
              "The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000. (Where good means 'helps advancing the art')" - Fast Eddie, TVTropes

Comment

It will for sure end up mixed if won't be reachable & "just available" in the form of a custom gametype (such as having to download something from the market first).

Comment

I really hope if AS gets in the game that race/trial maps are in their separate gametype. It was really bad to dive among the thousands of "trial"/"race" maps in order to play the real intended mission-based Assault.

If I want to play race, I would fire Unwheel. If I want to play trials, I would fire Dodge Pro Mod. Assault is for round-based team-based missions, not for stuff like that.
                  Last edited by Neon_Knight; 11-28-2014, 04:16 PM.
                  Unreal Wiki - Collecting Unreal lore, one article at a time.
                  "The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000. (Where good means 'helps advancing the art')" - Fast Eddie, TVTropes

Comment

I'd love to see these as a default game variant, with default maps that range from novice, learn all the moves in the game, to expert, you have to be creative on combining moves.

The FNG training grounds from ut 2k4 was instrumental in teaching me to dodge up ramps.

Comment

Working...
                    X