Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Works on CTF maps, yes. I test this on my local standalone game ok last week.
    I think I tested this version on my server last year, but cannot remember for certain, since I modified Frostbyte's bp to be more like UT3 Greed for most of my testing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Narayana View Post
    This game mode is still working: https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/gamemode/213-Greed
    So just to be clear, and maybe I misunderstood, is it necessary to bake any maps you want to play with the game mode and repackage or should something such as CTF-Face just work with everything else setup?
    When I add the game mode, add the ruleset, add the redirect and try to start a game nothing happens and the match never starts. I can just fly around endlessly and cannot exit the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This game mode is still working: https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/gamemode/213-Greed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this game mode still working. I have been unable to get it going. Followed the instructions but when I run it on my HUB I cannot start the match and have to restart the HUB.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hotfix v1.5.1 Changelog:

Bugfixes:
    • The HUD Overlay is now displayed during Warm Up.
    • Left over skulls from Warm Up are now cleaned up when the match starts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greed v1.5 Changelog:

General:
    • The GameMode is now compatible with the 3525360 build.

Warm Up:
    • Added support for the Warm Up game mechanic. The following subsystems have been affected (report bugs if you find any):
      • Skull depositing

Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 07-22-2017, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greed v1.4 Changelog:

General:
    • The GameMode is now compatible with 4.15-based builds.

User Interface:
    • The HUD Overlay is being properly displayed again.
    • Improved the HUD Overlay visibility code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greed v1.3 Changelog:

General:
    • The GameMode is now compatible with 4.12-based builds.
    • Code improvements for better readability and compactness of the Blueprint.

Audio:
    • Added attenuation settings to the sounds for the alarms, pickup and deposit of skulls, so they can no longer be heard across the map. Please give me your feedback on the current radius.

Rushbase appears to be down at the moment, I will supply temporary download links from my HUB, until the situation gets addressed.
    Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 06-02-2016, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In case you missed it, the GameMode has been showcased by Zaccubus during the UTea Forecast of the 03/23/2016.
    You can view the full VoD here.

Many thanks to Zaccubus and to the participants of the stream, for taking the time to play and review it!
    PS: Excuse my bad english, as it's not my native language. Some presentation errors were made and my train of thought was lost many times in the process, as I was trying to play and explain at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Similar, but not quite. There's a breakdown on the GameMode's rules on the first post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So this is basically Harvester gamemode from Q3TA? I have rarely had a chance to play it because it was quite unpopular for some reason. Keep up the good work, maybe you'll be able to revive it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Version v1.2 Changelog:

General:
    • The GameMode has now reached beta state.
    • The GameMode is now compatible with 4.11-based builds.
    • Added GameMode badge texture to be used by the HUB UI. (Credits to frez)

GameMode Customization:
    • Made changes to the allowed range of some customization variables:
      • ConduitDamageAmount, ConduitDamageTimer, ConduitSkullDropMax and ConduitSkullDropMin are no longer allowed to be zero or less.

Performance:
    • Slightly optimized the performance and bandwidth of the GameMode by improving a few functions.
    • Dropped skulls now have 60 seconds of lifetime until they get automatically destroyed, to avoid performance regression and cluttering.

Balance:
    • Kills will no longer award any personal score to the players, in order to encourage them to play the objective. (Suiciding will still subtract a point from the player's personal score, to prevent exploitation)
    • Players capturing enemy skulls to their team's conduit, will now be awarded 2 points worth of personal score, per skull.
    • Players denying friendly skulls by picking them up, will now be awarded 1 point worth of personal score, per skull.

Scoring:
    • The GameMode now properly handles the Overtime and EndGame states, and will always select the correct winner.
    • The EndGame code prioritizes the last scorer, if there is a tie in score between teammates, when selecting the match winner.

Visuals:
    • The particle system which indicates how many skulls a player is carrying, is no longer visible to the owner, so the player's view is no longer obstructed by it.

Download links will be available as soon as I resolve my technical difficulties uploading stuff into rushbase.
    EDIT: I added temporary download links from my HUB, until the situation with rushbase can get resolved.
    Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 03-08-2016, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Version v1.1 Changelog:
    • Fixed the particle system to update properly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Relics mutator for instance (or RelicMadness or how the latests versions are called). Just an example for a mutator which uses PreventDeath. It's just a matter to support it .

PS: That's why a mutator and a gametype . The gamemode will have some features the mutater wouldn't have (or as separate mutator). I like the game mode that was a big reason why I created it besides the reason that I wanted a non official, trivial and non existing gamemode to work on Blueprint support (through pull requests).
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 10-29-2015, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    The are several reasons why mutators (of any type, custom or official) aren't supported. The main reason is that you expect exactly one case. For instance, the damage check which includes scoring. You cannot assume that "ReceiveAnyDamage" is the final damage and will kill the player if the damage is greater or equal than the health. A mutator can prevent death. Also, there isn't a need to replace the character class (which also limits mutator support in some way). There are several other reasons.

PS: You guessed it -
    True, but there is really no sense in playing this with a mutator that overrides a basic mechanic such as death.
    There are always things that we can and can't do. Not every GameMode will be compatible with every mutator out there. At least for me, it makes sense.

PS: I was originally planning a third Greed mode that was exactly like Kill Confirmed, but I decided to ditch it. I felt that it didn't differentiate itself from TDM all that much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X