Mutator idea: several health bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutator idea: several health bars

What if every player in any gametype had several health bars, one for each player on server (including himself) who can deal damage to him?
    Your "personal" health bar is displayed as usual, and only you can decrease it.
    Other health bars displayed as indicators above enemies (and teammates if friendly fire is turned on).
    Every enemy can decrease only his-your indicator and if you will try to deal damage to enemy you will decrease your-his indicator.
    If one of your health bars go to zero you will die.
    If you are healing you increase all of your health bars in the same time.

I think this mutator can create another tactics for the game. Especially in gametypes with permadeath I think. You can no more help your team so easy. It's almost useless to deal some damage and lost contact with this enemy and hope that someone will finish your work for you. Dealing damage has meaning only if you planning to kill enemy or at least waste his time or make him afraid of another contact with you. Also if you almost lost battle with enemy you can just run away to battle with other enemies without searching for health if you need.

Even though the concept is interesting, I highly doubt it will work. Or at least, I don't think it will have the effect you hope it to have.

Fights in UT are short. One direct hit rocket will kill you, and also other weapons will do the trick withing one or two seconds. Shoot, kill/die, repeat. It's not that likely that you survive multiple fights and the multiple bars will have a notable effect.

Maybe this could work with a vehicle gamemode, where a tank needs to get 1500 damage from one particular player. Though I still don't really see the added value, in contrast to one regular health system.

Comment

I think there can be notable effect in situations like 1 vs. 2. You will have no much more chances to stay alive, but you will have more chances to take one of them with you. But yes. Fights are fast usually.

Comment

Well, maybe that could work. If you have one player with the multiple healthbars, and a lot of starting health. You'll have small team (maybe with normal health) trying to hunt him/her down. A bit like Mutant from UT2004.

Comment

Working...
        X