New game type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New game type

I have an idea for a new game type, basically there is a well guarded object in the enemy teams base, getting to the base is very hard because the design of the base works in their favor, and the goal for the opposing team to win is to simply touch the object, for the other team to win, the timer must run out.

umm... like Assault?

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
      umm... like Assault?
      Agree, Antech101 is re-inventing the wheel here
      Try looking through what has already been done before inputting ideas

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        umm... like Assault?
        Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
        Agree, Antech101 is re-inventing the wheel here
        Try looking through what has already been done before inputting ideas
        Took words right out of my mouth

Antech101 I would suggest playing some of the older UT games as UT4 isn't feature complete yet.
        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by Antech101 View Post
          I have an idea for a new game type, basically there is a well guarded object in the enemy teams base, getting to the base is very hard because the design of the base works in their favor, and the goal for the opposing team to win is to simply touch the object, for the other team to win, the timer must run out.
          In case you are brand new to Unreal Tournament and were confused by the Assault comments, they were referring to a game mode from the original UT99 (that was also in UT 2004) similar to what you described.

In Assault there's an attacking team and a defending team. The attacking team has to complete a series of objectives (normally something along the lines of "press the red button") and the defending team tries to defend them. There is a timer. When the first attacking team completes the objective, the teams switch and the defending team has to complete the objective in less time or lose the match. It's also possible for time to run out, and if it runs out on both teams, the game is a tie.

Assault was a beloved game type, and I'm sure it will be back for UT4. In fact, there's already a prototype mod for it. In UT 2004 there was also a vehicular-based "Assault racing" mod.
          Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 11-18-2015, 05:03 AM.
          UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Working...
          X