Warfare/Onslaught is coming back.... right?Wh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warfare/Onslaught is coming back.... right?Wh

Hi, I'm a noob that likes unreal tournament!

So I've been playing since Ut99 (I'm still horrible lol). Ut99 was great, the fast paced gameplay was a bit too much for me but I was pulled in by the amazing level design and interesting weapons. I then decided to get Ut2k4 as soon as it came out. The new Onslaught mode was the most fun I had in a while. Sure, it wasn't the usual twitch based gameplay, but it was an amazing mix of action and strategy which is one thing I felt only this Unreal Tournament gamemode could deliver for me. It was made even better in Unreal Tournament 3's Warfare with the map specific objectives that made games intense AF.

When I heard that Ut4 pre alpha was free I downloaded it almost instantly and have already spent a lot of time with it. There is one thing that worries me however... I keep hearing talk of the pros not liking vehicles in the game and how they may not be in Ut4. I know it's a bit early to talk about the vehicle gamemodes but I just need some reassurance... they will be back.. right?

supposedly

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I hope so. I also like VCTF - it was extremely fun in UT3, and if it makes a return, I'd like to see more balance.
      Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

I think it is almost certain to be in, but it will come further down the line this year.
        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

ONS yes! Yes! Yes! This!

Comment

I hope so. I also like VCTF - it was extremely fun in UT3, and if it makes a return, I'd like to see more balance.
            Yea Vctf was ridiculously fun IMO.

Edit: Idk how2use this forum lol.
            Last edited by SadisticKittens; 01-08-2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Right after Epic releases Duke Nukem Forever 2 . . .

Comment

I played UT2k4 instead of quake\warsow\xonotic only because of Onslaught+vehicles.
                I hope this will be back in new UT.

if vehicles would be removed there will be no difference from other FPS & no point to play.

Comment

Originally posted by JZL View Post
                  Right after Epic releases Duke Nukem Forever 2 . . .
                  lol i think the correct answer would be "don't hold your breath"

the devs say they want it

and i want a ride to the moon , not sure which will come first
                  UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                  ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

I'm basically only interested in re-visiting Onslaught, but Warfare should still be fun with what I've seen so far in the Pre-Alpha (player movement, weapons etc). Hope one of them makes a comeback otherwise I don't see myself playing UT4, which would be a shame, after the hundreds of hours I loved playing UT2K4 (under the name 'Milan').

Really don't like DM/CTF myself, although I use DM as practice for non-vehicular combat in Onslaught/Warfare.
                    Last edited by Milan_; 02-21-2016, 05:31 AM.

Comment

ONS(no orb) and VCTF ... Please and thank you.

Comment

UT3 Warfare is still active. I have this thread, https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...es-on-you-tube

Go to the latest posts to see the latest matches. Post #79 in the thread has last weeks matches.

I have posted links to several hundred matches and have several hundred more to post.

We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs
                        EPIC Warfare #2 or #3

My Rig- ASUS Z68, core I7 2600K @4.6Ghz and GTX980 Ti WindForce G1 as seen on my VG248 @144Hz
                        Last edited by Bobba_Novis; 09-02-2017, 08:19 PM.
                        Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC North America Warfare #2

Comment

Working...
                        X