Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember this game mode from Time Splitters 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember this game mode from Time Splitters 2?

i can't think of what it was called, but you'd frag a player and he's drop a coin. and you ONLY got a point if you picked up a coin. it didn't matter if you fragged him or not. there were no points for frags. so in theory you could win a match just by stealing coins, and not actually getting frags yourself. i think there was a team version and an ffa version. that game had a lot of really fun game modes actually, this was just the first one that came to mind. it might be nice to see a game mode like that in UT4

Coin collecting is a bit naff for a grown-up game. Lets leave that to the lego games and the console world.

There is an old UT mod that made players release a ghost when killed.
    You don't get the frag til you collect the ghost, and anyone can steal a ghost.
    Who wants a UT99 FOOD FIGHT ?

Comment

Yeah, I think an idea for such game mode is pretty old one.

AFAIK, it was in Quake 2 & 3 (Headhunters - collect skulls, take to altar), it was in Tribes 2 (Hunters - collect flags, take to Nexus), it was in HL (Gathering; this one without capture point, but there was cap target with upgrade awards). Even UT2k4 has its version - if I'm not mistaken it's called Greed (coins or chests this time).

I agree, this will be pretty fun mode - but rather as a mod (I mean theres no need to implement this as one of default modes).
      - got sig? -

Comment

Working...
      X