Capture the only flag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capture the only flag

This gamemode have probably been alraidy proposed but.

There is two variants in my mind, a 2 team one where you play normal ctf, but there only is a single flag in the middle of the map, both team can pick it up at any time, the objective is to bring this neutral flag in the capture post of the opposite team to score. The second one, there is four team, bringing the flag in a team's capture point eleminate it, and there can onlt be one team left.

What do you think ? We could even make this flag a bomb and make parts of the base destroyable.

Originally posted by Shkikri View Post
    What do you think ? We could even make this flag a bomb
    Heh funny you should choose those words, cause youre basically describing BOMBING RUN from 2k3 / 2k4. It was a fun gametype especially in instagib mode (or at least it was for a little 2k3 demo player scrub like me), and I hope it comes back for Ut4!! There werent parts of the base that were destroyable though, I dunno how that would work but it sounds exciting. Incredibly complicated to make, but exciting!

Other than that, what youre describing might be a neat kind of mechanic in a gametype like.... onslaught / warfare, or maybe assault! There are more gametypes out there in the UT franchose history than duel, FFA and CTF. those are kinda the most popular gametypes, so its what was included from the outset. Once the uderlying is funcional enough so that the devs can move onto adding new content instead of cleaning up what's already there, hopefully we can experience some of those again.
    ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
    Frag video featuring Rookie
    Frag video featuring Phantaci
    Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

I'd propose a different setup... see, there was this sorta game made for ut99 called "Capture the Chicken" where you had to grab a chicken, somewhere on the map, and you got points only so long as you held onto it:

Now, it wouldn't have to be a chicken... it could be a flag. So long as you, or your team, hang onto the flag... you get points. Your enemies have to kill you to get possession of the flag so they get points.

Just a thought.
      Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
      http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilg...0_original.png
      http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

^^ They had that in Tribes:Ascend as well, except it was a "flag" and not a chicken. I kinda wish it were a chicken, the image of a big skaarj trooper holding a pun chicken is pretty funny.

It's been a while but from what I remember, it's a team gametype which has a flag in the middle of the map. Each team gets a point for every kill they get on the enemy team, but the team with the flag automatically gets points on the scoreboard every few seconds, and their kills count for twice as many or something like that. I can't exactly remember, but it was a really fun gametype, and I'd like to play "Hold the Chicken" in UT4 ^__^
        ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
        Frag video featuring Rookie
        Frag video featuring Phantaci
        Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGrins View Post
          Now, it wouldn't have to be a chicken... it could be a flag. So long as you, or your team, hang onto the flag... you get points. Your enemies have to kill you to get possession of the flag so they get points.

Just a thought.
          Weiiird. Haha. I've actually been working on EXACTLY this for about a week now. lol
          Work:
          Gametypes: Lockdown
          Mutators: Moving Combos Only

Comment

Sounds pretty fun! It would avoid the ****ty part of CTF of not being able to score due to own flag being missing.

It would be pretty cool if the flag/bomb/chicken would be dropped from the sky with a aircraft, similar to H1Z1:Battle Royale's airdrops, instead of a platform in the middle.
            UT ingame alias: nukkuj
            Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

Hmmmm ...do you know BurgerCTF?
              It's similar to what you describe. It was playable on any default CTF maps. It's part of the Food Fight mod for UT99.
              In the middle of the map spawns a big Burger ...the team which got it first has to carry it to the enemy base and touch the flag to score. The twist is, who ever carries the burger gets slowly fatter and fatter and farts deadly green clouds ...you could trace the fat glowing burger carrier that way but only team member were immune to the farts... every one else got hurt by them. Second twist, touching the flag while having the burger triggers the burger-bomb and everyone gets blown away by a Redeemerblast.
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

This gave me an idea, remplacing the flag by a redemer, if you see you can't protect your flag, but happend to have picked it up, you shoot it to make it respawn.

Comment

Working...
                X