Conquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conquest

I'd like to see Conquest gamemode for UT4.

Large maps with 64 player count (Means 32 players for each team.).

Basicaly Conquest gamemode works like Conquest in battlefield 3.

Imagine an huge air battle with Raptors, armada of goliaths fighting each other, meanwhile infantries infiltrate buildings and capture conquest points.

Instead of vehicles respawning, the player able to choose to spawn in a vehicle or foot, with limits ofcourse.

That would be very awesome.
    Shock Therapy.

Yes it would be very AWESOME
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

I agree. And I see evolution: onslaught → warfare → conquest.

Comment

I do like this gamemode but I do think the formula can be improved on, Conquest suffers where ONS is better with the Node locking, its not hard to rush nodes and capture em and very difficult to defend every node at once. I prefer the linear method that games like TF2 use where you can only attack the active nodes as it better focus combat, I wouldnt mind multiple paths or splits to make it slightly more dynamic but Im not a huge fan of all unlocked nodes like BF as you end up with spawn killers capping the points right near your base and locking you out. I like that you can cap nodes to kinda break off the enemy advance but it should be limited to those more central nodes where combat takes place
        Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
          I do like this gamemode but I do think the formula can be improved on, Conquest suffers where ONS is better with the Node locking, its not hard to rush nodes and capture em and very difficult to defend every node at once. I prefer the linear method that games like TF2 use where you can only attack the active nodes as it better focus combat, I wouldnt mind multiple paths or splits to make it slightly more dynamic but Im not a huge fan of all unlocked nodes like BF as you end up with spawn killers capping the points right near your base and locking you out. I like that you can cap nodes to kinda break off the enemy advance but it should be limited to those more central nodes where combat takes place
          No saying it should replace ONS game mode, just make it another gamemode. So players will able to choose if they want to play the classic ONS or the new Conquest mode.
          Last edited by maxim123; 03-06-2016, 10:02 AM.
          Shock Therapy.

Comment

Fun, I had in mind a mix of bf4 large conquest, bfbc2 rush, unreal tournament series assault, basic rts games, and a bit of moba.

The map would have objectives, objectives wich would let the teams owning it do some things, or block the other team doing things in an area, there would be stuff like fabrics, wich could collect ressources to then spand for spawning weapons, amo or vehicles, there would be bases, it would give players extra spawns, and be protected against vehicles, to get theese, you have the destroy the respawners, and then hack a computer to repair them and switch the base to your own team, there would be mining bot assembly plants, they would regularly build robots using ressources, they then are assigned by players at deffending points, assaulting points, scouting zones, or collecting ressources.

There would be simetric maps more like conquest, assimetric maps with simetric objectives, and maps with assimetric objectives like some advenced assault, some maps would also have monsters spawning, or even playing it's own objective, or acting like a extra faction of bots, being hostile, like some skaarj or stuff like that, or punching bag loot droppers like nali.

Comment

The point of this gamemode Is basicaly huge battles, bigger than Onslaught/WarFare gametype.

It's not a replacement for Ons/Warfare game mode, but seperated one.

There could be even new vehicles.
              Shock Therapy.

Comment

I'm not sure about this. As numbers increase, the chance of dying to something you can't avoid increases and your personal impact on the battle decreases. It can just end up being about who has the biggest zerg.
                Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Working...
                X