Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Team Elimination [Blueprint]

Team Elimination
    • Each team has a pool of lives, every spawn costs a life.
    • Spawn on friendly leaders after cooldown.
    • If all friendlies die force forfeit. (experimental)
    • Team with players left wins.
    • Sudden Death for tie breaker.

Coming Soon!
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Look interesting, can't wait.
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

I like the idea of a gametype where the ability to stay alive is just as valuable as aim/killing the enemy.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        I like the idea of a gametype where the ability to stay alive is just as valuable as aim/killing the enemy.
        Yeah I thought long about this one, I know its not the most interesting gamemode on paper but I think it should be a really great team mode. It removes some of the issues with newer players to modes like TDM and still keeps the skill of a mode like LTS, I do have some other ideas I would like to explore so I'll be sharing those, I dont want to make the mode too complex but its possible I'll explore some framework around the games (eg elim brackets) themselves to really bring a Team orientated aspect to it
        Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

What's the difference between this and Last Man Standing?

They both look similar to me

Comment

Originally posted by Urban-Shadow View Post
            What's the difference between this and Last Man Standing?

They both look similar to me
            Well they are partially similar but this mode may go outside of your regular gamemode stuff into UI brackets and whatnot but Im keeping the scope smaller for the time being. I'll outline some primary differences:
            • Players dont spawn at spawn points.
            • Players dont have individual lives.
            • There is no overtime in this mode, its elimination so you play to the end every time.

This is not meant to be a replacement for any mode, this mode is primarily meant to reward movement and try to balance some of the issues with TDM. I thought about this and what modes were available for a long while before I put this prototype forward and it is very underway Im working on it along side Chain Gang (and Orbit)
            Last edited by MonsOlympus; 03-15-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

This reminds me more of BF4's TDM/Conquest, than TAM/LTS.
              Set amount of tickets (each spawn costs a ticket - can't spawn if no tickets left), spawning on squads/squad-leaders.
              > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
              > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
              > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

Originally posted by FrostbyteGR View Post
                This reminds me more of BF4's TDM/Conquest, than TAM/LTS.
                Set amount of tickets (each spawn costs a ticket - can't spawn if no tickets left), spawning on squads/squad-leaders.
                Yeah I do have Squad DM on the mind too so Im glad you picked up on that, I was going to try spawn beacons at some stage too I do think perhaps we could collate as a community some on code reuse, obviously something like a ticket system can be good for domination or similar modes, I know Joe has a mode with live pools as well, I actually got the idea from Depth.

Comment

Working...
                X