3/4 Teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/4 Teams

Okay so I loved playing these in previous UT games but due to the way Epic typically does teams it was always a difficult mod for people to make, not only because of the Team's being limited to 2 in alot of cases but the skins being hard painted to Red or Blue. I think this is a great opportunity to bring other team colours into the game and make them fit more cohesively with the overall visual theme rather than having to do alot of work later to fix what isnt really broken

Im just curious what other people think, do they enjoy 4 way CTF, 3 way TDM or other modes that allow more teams enough that we can get this looked at.
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

I really liked mods like 4 way CTF and Domination in UT99 and UT2k4, seeing official acknowledgement of the modes by making 4 team color skins for characters would be really cool! And making official versions of the modes a reality would be even better!

Comment

Yes! Absolutely need to have multi team modes back!

Comment

Very nice for casual matches. 2v2v2v2 TDM could be interesting.
        Unofficial Enforcer Model
        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

I think one interesting thing could be that if we do have 4 or more team colours then even in 2 team game modes the colours could perhaps be selected, especially if its a pickup or comp match, so that Green Team could keep that colour even vs Red or Blue. Granted I know that there are people who dont have the best vision so another thing that should really be discussed in relation to this I guess is some kind of colourblind features, since we have complex materials I think it could be worth exploring making it so that people can enjoy all the team colours without it being an issue.

I personally love the dynamic of 3 Team Deathmatch, theres not alot better and its alot more forgiving than 2 TDM, I liken it to DMing with 3 people where you have 1 typically chasing another person and then the other person drops in and takes the left overs, its much more interesting to me than the 1 on 1 scenario. I never actually got to play CTF decently with 4 Teams but it certainly means you can have bigger matches and form temporary alliances which are more just an understanding that a winning team is more of a threat, then when another team moves up they become the target of betrayal naturally. I believe there is even room for perhaps 4 team Onslaught and if anyone has played Squad DM in BF3 youd know how hard and skillful it is as a gamemode because 3/4 of the players of the map arnt on your team so you are typically out numbered
          Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Teams obviously need to use these colors and icons again:

Click image for larger version

Name:	teamlogos.gif
Views:	3
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	328579

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
              Very nice for casual matches. 2v2v2v2 TDM could be interesting.
              Why not competitive matches as well?
              Maybe it's not going to get the same popularity as classic TDM or iCTF, but who knows... fact is, it's REALLY fun.
              Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
              another thing that should really be discussed in relation to this I guess is some kind of colourblind features
              Absolutely! I think this deserves a thread of its own. Be sure to open it, MonsOlympus
              * * * BREAK THE GLASS IN CASE OF UNREAL TOURNAMENT * * *
              Glass broken May, 2014.

uWarfare (click it, it's worth a look)
              I live my life 82 seconds at a time.

Comment

Yep 4-Player-Team games worked really well in UT and UT2k4... Think this adds quite a lot of gameplay to UT and really should be a full blown gamemode in my opinion. Red/Blue/Green/Yellow teams.

Comment

+1 to this. It would be very fun to pair up with a friend or two and play multi-team matches.
                  I went by B0T0X in UT2k4, BoboTheBrave in UT3. If you remember me, send me a PM!

Remember? I was the one running backward with the flag!

Comment

Agreed. IMO 3 is your magic number. Red-Green-Blue.

Comment

Yes all the way for the option for up to 4 teams! We even had this included in a later build of UTR, with Red, Blue, Green & Yellow.

I thought it added so much color and fun to the game, and it would be even better if it was done professionally in the skins directly instead of just brightskins.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

YES YES YES, i've worked on 2 mods that both helped bring back the 4 teams thing, the first mod was ctf4 for ut2k4 and the second one was dommod for ut3.
                        - ZixXer - Environment artist - Trigger happy - UT fan -

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
                          Agreed. IMO 3 is your magic number. Red-Green-Blue.
                          Nice to see so many familiar faces.

Comment

Although I don't see the appeal of 4 team CTF, having 3-4 teams in TDM or DOM was always pretty fun. I wouldn't mind seeing it there.
                            Join Project: Open Tournament: Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                              Although I don't see the appeal of 4 team CTF, having 3-4 teams in TDM or DOM was always pretty fun. I wouldn't mind seeing it there.
                              I can understand that, especially from a mapping point of view CTF4 is the most needy, TDM and DOM could be played on the regular maps if the size permits. Im honestly just alittle bored of Blue/Red only and would love to see more colour choices and perhaps not so hard coloured textures this time around, Epic could easily put together a standard for player textures that requires scratch maps and other things to be separate so that colorizing can be done using a variety of alphas to lead to a consistent variable colour. Even two toned would be cool and I didnt mind the ambient Tint of UT3 it just wasnt used well enough to really make a difference, one of my biggest issue with UT3 was the team skins though, they just didnt feel consistent and Shooter Game actually seems to do well with the colouring it has on the weapons, I have been thinking that team colouring the weapon could perhaps make an appearance on all weapons this time around not just the linkgun. Anyways just a few thoughts

Comment

Working...
                              X