• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Nothing better than kicking back blasting monsters invasion all the way

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally, I like the teamwork in Invasion. I still play on clandw's server (clandw.org) and there's always people on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Monster Hunt I played in UT99 was a bit like Dark Souls, you had to beat hordes of inhumane opponents in order to move to the next area. That was fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Comparing MH with Invasion is like comparing oranges with lemons. Although they both consist in the basic premise of cooperative gameplay to defeat all monsters, MH is mostly to chill out and explore the map itself a bit, kill the monsters in the way and complete the objectives, while respawning whenever you get killed by any of them, whereas Invasion is for the actual challenge, heavy team work, is basically "survival" and nothing more.

Having that said, a good MH map is by far more difficult and therefore takes more time to create, since you're essentially creating almost a small campaign in it (or at least that's how it should be done, like MH-Andromeda and other similar ones), whereas an Invasion map is just your usual average deathmatch or onslaught map, with wave of monsters after wave, with some few good spots to get cover, healed and protected.

So, in conclusion, personally I would like to see both, one to chill and just kill stuff and another for the challenge, one is not better than the one, they both have their own independent identities as gametypes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EvilGrins View Post
    Each their own, though there were enough tiny maps in MH for people that wanted more direct and immediate action.

If you still have ut99 on your system, with MH, try this edit o' mine · http://tinyurl.com/MHBetaKrall2
    yea i remember that map i try it again it was cool

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played Invasion with classes alright. Never liked it though. It made the game either too easy for the No.1 and too hard for anyone who died and lost some progress. E.g. halfway through a game if you died, and missed out on an entire wave while waiting to respawn, you missed out on a lot of experience too and you were too weak for the upcoming waves.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From what I recall playing Unreal2, no matter what they may've been called in UT3, those aren't the names of those particular Skaarj ranks...

...but, essentially, yes.
    UT3 had no skaarj models, or any monsters, except the Krall. These are custom made, based around MonsterHunt/Invasion models with a little extra imagination. The author made the Skaarj Troopers look the strongest, most heavily armored units, like the Heavy Skaarj was in Unreal 2.
    The classes are from Unreal 1 / Monsterhunt. There were 3 Skaarj classes:
    • Warrior - basic skaarjs with melee weapons. They could shoot something from their hands too.
    • Trooper - artificially bred skaarj, weapon wielding units, like snipers, infantry, troopers, officers
    • Bosses - warlord, queen

Then there are the puppae, the unevolved skaarj.

Source: http://unreal.wikia.com/wiki/Skaarj#Unreal_.28and_RTNP.29
    Last edited by InVader; 05-19-2014, 08:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by İdonthaveausername View Post
    i played both and i clearly say i find monster hunt very annoying boring mostly
    in invasion you fight for survival in monster hunt you run start to finish most of the time
    Each their own, though there were enough tiny maps in MH for people that wanted more direct and immediate action.

If you still have ut99 on your system, with MH, try this edit o' mine · http://tinyurl.com/MHBetaKrall2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol... meh
    Last edited by Chaos8192; 08-21-2014, 01:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i played both and i clearly say i find monster hunt very annoying boring mostly

i like invasion more because you can configure how much monster attack and how much wave level has.

in invasion you fight for survival in monster hunt you run start to finish most of the time
    Last edited by İdonthaveausername; 05-18-2014, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by InVader View Post
    You mean like these nice skaarj models? Skaarj Warrior, Skaarj Officer and Skaarj Trooper
    From what I recall playing Unreal2, no matter what they may've been called in UT3, those aren't the names of those particular Skaarj ranks...

...but, essentially, yes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm just gonna leave these little samples here. Yea. Being able to play classes was pretty fun. WoP was also fun. Etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bicmkzT1lmQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yb_tsTaUCE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whatever is ultimately decided, MH or Invasion or a hybridization of the two, the most important thing is to get upgraded monsters. Because with the more impressive graphics of a better game you don't wanna see the old clunky Unreal1 beasties running around.

New beasties are needed to keep pace with new environments
    You mean like these nice skaarj models? Skaarj Warrior, Skaarj Officer and Skaarj Trooper

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I played invasion twice, after the first time my first thought was angrily, "why didn't they call the guy who made MH grrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whatever is ultimately decided, MH or Invasion or a hybridization of the two, the most important thing is to get upgraded monsters. Because with the more impressive graphics of a better game you don't wanna see the old clunky Unreal1 beasties running around.

New beasties are needed to keep pace with new environments:
    Last edited by EvilGrins; 05-17-2014, 09:05 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X