• started a topic Rocket Arena

Rocket Arena

Rules:
    -1v1 (2v2 optional)
    -The player has 100 hp and 100 armor
    -The player has all weapons and a specific amount of ammo
    -The one who bites the dust looses the round
    -Small arena style maps
    -Rocket Launcher can be set by the admin to fire instant, but only ONE rocket or the default multi shot with the small delay (even if you shoot only one rocket)

It was a pretty fun and balanced duel mode, but only available as a mod in the older games.

Sidenote: I know my aim sUucks, but it's 3 in the morning and I recorded this for presentation purpose only.
    Last edited by Judge Rekt; 05-19-2014, 10:22 PM.

• replied
    Yes we need RA back!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rocket Arena please!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any update on this? I'd love to see RA for UT4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by IsSuE View Post
    I made a small mutator, which gives you all weapons and a shieldbelt at spawn, disables pickups and removes selfdamage (rocket jumps yay). Looking into how to do round based gameplay atm.
    If you want to give it a whirl, dl it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s0gyzvqjn...y6N5_cKra?dl=0
    YAY!

Any chance you could double the ammo count, kinda annoying running out of ammo after a few rocket jumps/shock combos in a long match( pulse rifle and stinger have good ammo counts tho ). Also, not sure why you removed the enforcer but that needs to be put back in too, I used it quite often in ut'99 ra, mostly for humiliation kills but I also liked that the fire rate was quicker than the sniper and if u timed it properly the first shot was always accurate(my aim was/is **** so the enforcer kinda doubled my chances of hitting someone with low hp.)

Otherwise, great work and thanks for putting it up for dl.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using Xbrowser I can find a lonesome RA server still running.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rocket-arenaut

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jane's_Addiction- View Post
    I would prefer this mode over TAM any minute. This was actually fun and required a lot of skills against top UTers.
    Agree 100% - RA was the best semi-competitive game mode... And certainly one of the most fun game modes ever. I think I played more RA than anything else in UT99.

My only concern is how the current RL is going to work with it... 3 rockets = no more launching across Akuma

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    Honestly I think round based play should be implemented in the core C++ so everyone is using the same system, this will provide a more cohesive experience for the end user this way. In previous UTs everyone kind of did their own thing which led to mixed results, it also means the announcer can properly support the rounds too. I havent really looked at CTF but that has rounds somewhat in there already, it would just mean moving some of that higher up the tree Id say.
    I agree, as many more things need to be handled as well, such as controlling deaths/scoring/movement, but right now I think that you have to pass the gamemode via blueprint for it to work.
    @IsSuE: I' ve messaged you with instructions, on how to create rounds, over IRC.
    Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 04-24-2015, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FrostbyteGR View Post
    I can help you with that, if you plan on doing rounds with Blueprints.
    (I've got freezetag working into some degree)
    Honestly I think round based play should be implemented in the core C++ so everyone is using the same system, this will provide a more cohesive experience for the end user this way. In previous UTs everyone kind of did their own thing which led to mixed results, it also means the announcer can properly support the rounds too. I havent really looked at CTF but that has rounds somewhat in there already, it would just mean moving some of that higher up the tree Id say.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking into how to do round based gameplay atm.
    I can help you with that, if you plan on doing rounds with Blueprints.
    (I've got freezetag working into some degree)

Also, you should probably consider swapping the shield belt with a chest armor or something, it's better not to have armor with 100% damage mitigation; as it's essentially the same concept as just giving the player 199 health.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Numb.51 View Post
    I'm extremely interested in mapping for this. Does anyone have any interest in making this workable for the current version of ut?

Also, what maps played the best? Hypno I'm aiming this question at you. I plan on converting some levels from ut99 from scratch but add my own flair and modernize it. This can serve as a base until I learn ways to make completely custom Ra maps.
    Hey Numb

Well I absoluted loved RA-GE][, RA-AKUMA, RA-Ebolt.. I'm probably missing some, RA was awesome cuz you could switch from Arenas inside the game. Once I get home I'll check some other maps I might be missing. It's funny cuz I absolutely loved RA for UT99 but I truly hated TAM for UT2K4. RA was just super special countless hours playing it on old portuguese servers

The announcer was so cool aswell, "Welcome to Rocket Arena soldier, prepare for battle"
    Last edited by hypno; 04-24-2015, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm extremely interested in mapping for this. Does anyone have any interest in making this workable for the current version of ut?

Also, what maps played the best? Hypno I'm aiming this question at you. I plan on converting some levels from ut99 from scratch but add my own flair and modernize it. This can serve as a base until I learn ways to make completely custom Ra maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I made a small mutator, which gives you all weapons and a shieldbelt at spawn, disables pickups and removes selfdamage (rocket jumps yay). Looking into how to do round based gameplay atm.
    If you want to give it a whirl, dl it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s0gyzvqjn...y6N5_cKra?dl=0
    great work, will give it a try

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mewfin View Post
    Why 1v1 or 2v2? the classic rocket arena in quake was played 5v5.
    UT RA had multiple maps per round - 1v1, 2v2 on custom RA maps, then the team based rounds on a standard map usually.
    worked very well.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X