Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag Invasion - my personal criticism and qestions

Hello!

With the new update we had a new (hidden) gamemode: Flag Invasion. You can play it through a custom game. Basically, it is Flag Run with bot attackers and "human" defenders.

I appreciated this game mode, also because this could be a nice training mode for Flag Run. But I have some worries about the introducion of an actual Invasion gamemode. This particular kind of Invasion has objectives, such as control points and paths for bots; as a matter of fact it reminded to me TF2's Mann VS Machine a lot. It is obviously interesting, but I wonder if Epic is going to add a second Invasion gamemode with waves of mobs and non-linear maps, such as in UT2004's Invasion.

To clarify better this idea, in the Unreal Monsters thread (in the Character Art subforum), you can see Kazeo's test map with all the monsters coming in separated waves.

What do you think about this?

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

I think it's a step towards it. Flag run is quite a casual friendly game type and adding monsters in makes it more so.

They'll be boosting the monster AI and can eventually make a standard invasion mode - which is casual friendly too.
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Keep in mind this is just a thing cobbled together rapidly to have a basis, nothing is definitive. It's mainly a early tool to allow us to play with different PVE mod ideas. It's up to us to now shape it. They give us the raw materials, we are the one making a refined piece of art with it.

So far I'm just happy we have a glance of invasion AI. Wether it's more of the classic invasion we know, or something more like "protect the thing", I'm certain I'll enjoy it either way.

Comment

For the most part this is a superset of Invasion features so it would not be a big deal to put in "old-school" Invasion later.

But everybody has done that kind of game now, so let's be a little more ambitious, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
          For the most part this is a superset of Invasion features so it would not be a big deal to put in "old-school" Invasion later.

But everybody has done that kind of game now, so let's be a little more ambitious, eh?
          Ok, understood!

Firstly, thanks for considering Invasion as an official gamemode. Then I'd like to clarify my previous criticism was not meant to be provocative. Sometimes texts don't transmit the way people express themselves.

I used that Mann VS Machine example just to summarize the feelings I had in a single sentence, with all due respect for the work you did.

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Hello! I played a match in a hub and I thought about some suggestions.

What if you create a specific medikit for Invasion? Instead of +25 health, it could be +35, for balance purposes. You did something similar with vials, which become energy bonuses in this gamemode, so their implemention could be simple.

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I'd like to see the old style invasion but with multiple teams competing for kills

Comment

Working...
              X