Classic Mod Teams sign up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Mod Teams sign up

Ok, well, interesting couple of weeks. Many great ideas, many old friends and a nice start for our new unreal journey. I'm personally excited to be here at the starting line. When you hear epic/old friends say "a new unreal tournament for the people, and by the people" wow, awesome.

Now, what does/will that mean? I can only speak for myself, but I think there are a lot of people feeling/thinking the same thing. We are going to help grow this project of passion, and try our best to make sure that old communities and new will be fighting side by side in the near future of Unreal. I know 99 players don't enjoy the 2k4 movement, 2k4 does not want to go back to the old school and epic wants a blend of 99+2k4 that will grab the attention of the new FPS generation. Danm, that's gonna be tough....hmmmmm.

Is it really tough? Think about it. We are witnessing a community develop right before our eyes. More then 15 years of Unreal talent right here....wow. I think this is what Epic meant when they said "a new unreal tournament for the people, and by the people". Well, at least this is my interpretation.

Some of you know me, some of you don't. I've been an Unreal warrior for only 10 years. In those 10 years I've organized many events with maybe 1 or 2 admins to help. In recent years we've (ut2004) had maybe 1-3 coders. Hardly any help, but it didn't stop us from growing.

Now it's 2014 and we have many coders, programmers, artists, editors and a passion for our new Unreal game/world. I see opportunity here to make history, heh, a little corny hun? But not to far from the truth.

So here we go, we need 2 teams. One for UT99 and one for UT2004. With all this talent here ready to start doing anything possible to help, it makes sense. The sooner we start, the sooner we'll be playing the game we love, the way we love it.

There will be 2 mod teams. Are you ready? Let me know what you can contribute and what team you want to help.

Classic 99 Mod Team
    Your name here
    Classic 2004 Mod Team
    Your name here

Yes I know, this maybe just a dream, but I don't think so. I know just posting ideas is not enough, is it? Here's your chance to do something amazing with a community that shares a mutual passion for UT. At risk of sounding corny again, this can be "EPIC". Also, I think this maybe what Epic is hoping for, I could be wrong, but I dooon't think so.

I have a feeling we'll be remembering today for a longtime. On your marks, get set, goooooo.
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps5e385043.jpg

Originally posted by Beltamaxx View Post
    Ok, well, interesting couple of weeks. Many great ideas, many old friends and a nice start for our new unreal journey. I'm personally excited to be here at the starting line. When you hear epic/old friends say "a new unreal tournament for the people, and by the people" wow, awesome.

Now, what does/will that mean? I can only speak for myself, but I think there are a lot of people feeling/thinking the same thing. We are going to help grow this project of passion, and try our best to make sure that old communities and new will be fighting side by side in the near future of Unreal. I know 99 players don't enjoy the 2k4 movement, 2k4 does not want to go back to the old school and epic wants a blend of 99+2k4 that will grab the attention of the new FPS generation. Danm, that's gonna be tough....hmmmmm.

Is it really tough? Think about it. We are witnessing a community develop right before our eyes. More then 15 years of Unreal talent right here....wow. I think this is what Epic meant when they said "a new unreal tournament for the people, and by the people". Well, at least this is my interpretation.

Some of you know me, some of you don't. I've been an Unreal warrior for only 10 years. In those 10 years I've organized many events with maybe 1 or 2 admins to help. In recent years we've (ut2004) had maybe 1-3 coders. Hardly any help, but it didn't stop us from growing.

Now it's 2014 and we have many coders, programmers, artists, editors and a passion for our new Unreal game/world. I see opportunity here to make history, heh, a little corny hun? But not to far from the truth.

So here we go, we need 2 teams. One for UT99 and one for UT2004. With all this talent here ready to start doing anything possible to help, it makes sense. The sooner we start, the sooner we'll be playing the game we love, the way we love it.

There will be 2 mod teams. Are you ready? Let me know what you can contribute and what team you want to help.

Classic 99 Mod Team
    Your name here
    Classic 2004 Mod Team
    Your name here

Yes I know, this maybe just a dream, but I don't think so. I know just posting ideas is not enough, is it? Here's your chance to do something amazing with a community that shares a mutual passion for UT. At risk of sounding corny again, this can be "EPIC". Also, I think this maybe what Epic is hoping for, I could be wrong, but I dooon't think so.

I have a feeling we'll be remembering today for a longtime. On your marks, get set, goooooo.
    Just out of curiosity, is this for porting mods over? Other wise, you could just have one team and have them port the popular mods. Dude A gets EO, Dude B gets Jailbreak, etc etc
    http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/325/16447qq9.png http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7066/2364.png

Comment

Originally posted by NameTaken33 View Post
      Just out of curiosity, is this for porting mods over? Other wise, you could just have one team and have them port the popular mods. Dude A gets EO, Dude B gets Jailbreak, etc etc
      There will be lots of opportunity for that. This is for classic weapons and movement mod. If we develop 2 classic mods and Epic creates a new UT, everyone will have something to look forward to. UT2004 had a classic default mod, but it didn't work out for the UT99 vets. This time, I hope, we can create something as close to the classics as possible. If we get started asap it just might work out for everyone...crossing fingers.

Comment

There will be lots of opportunity for that. This is for classic weapons and movement mod. If we develop 2 classic mods and Epic creates a new UT, everyone will have something to look forward to. UT2004 had a classic default mod, but it didn't work out for the UT99 vets. This time, I hope, we can create something as close to the classics as possible. If we get started asap it just might work out for everyone...crossing fingers.
        So, up to a 3 way split so far?

As much as I want 99+walldodge, I want a community split less.

Comment

Originally posted by NameTaken33 View Post
          Mod porting is an interesting idea... If UT4 stays a rolling release, then it makes sense to remake/port some of the mods in the previous games, so you'd have a rolling-release game that is more or less "complete".

Of course, ideally you'd get the mod authors to do it
          Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
          My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post

It's not a split. A commitment to 99, 2k4 or totally new UT movement will guarantee a split, and slow down forum activity.

It's a community working together to make sure that everyone is happy. Also it takes the burden off the back of Epic to try and keep everyone happy. It also allows the community to be involved, not just posting ideas.
            Last edited by Beltamaxx; 05-29-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post

I cant agree more, I love all previous UT games but I think if you want those games you can just play them and no one will think any less of you for it since we all love UT. There's already enough split between gametypes or mutators but to add games ontop. Why cant we just be happy with the new game Epic is making for all of us? This game vs game rivalry has to end, its tearing the community apart.
              Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                I cant agree more, I love all previous UT games but I think if you want those games you can just play them and no one will think any less of you for it since we all love UT. There's already enough split between gametypes or mutators but to add games ontop. Why cant we just be happy with the new game Epic is making for all of us? This game vs game rivalry has to end, its tearing the community apart.
                It's gonna split like it or not, simply because people have different taste. If they don't like it they gonna go end up playing whichever game they've been playing already.
                The most important thing in the end is gonna be the multiplayer platform, that's something only EPIC are capable of doing. With a good multiplayer platform you could basically do anything and switch between whatever flavor you wish.

Maybe it's time to embrace the split? No matter if you want UT99 or UT2004, the mulitplayer platform will be the core of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Techies View Post
                  Maybe it's time to embrace the split? No matter if you want UT99 or UT2004, the mulitplayer platform will be the core of everything.
                  umm and what about the few of us left over who wanted to play an official UT4? Guess we dont get the game we hoped for because of the rest of you!!
                  Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                    umm and what about the few of us left over who wanted to play an official UT4? Guess we dont get the game we hoped for because of the rest of you!!
                    gotta agree here... BTW Mons, I apologize for being a **** previously. If we can bury the hatchet I think we are somewhat on the same page..

Anyhow, I do think that there has been some deception going on here and people that did make movement prototypes were too swiftly ignored by Epic.. I mean really does Epic think people are going to pay for a UE4 subscription after we see them ignoring and not even discussing prototypes that people have made? I did not see any of the Epic devs talking about Mons prototype or really making any discussion at all with the community publicly.

The way the movement prototyping has gone I really have no immediate urge to open my wallet to UE4.. If I wanted to make things that would be ignored I could do that in UT3
                    Last edited by sanch3z; 06-01-2014, 03:05 AM.
                    DANG YOU UT2K4 KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!

Comment

Originally posted by sanch3z View Post

Anyhow, I do think that there has been some deception going on here and people that did make movement prototypes were too swiftly ignored by Epic.
                      Ignored? No, epic has invited us to help bring back the greatest FPS ever. Gathering all these ideas and deciding what will and will not be utilized is a job I would not want to have ATM. I'm sure in a couple of months we'll have a better idea what UT Resurrection will be like. Just give Epic some time, I'm sure they'll evaluate and decide which ideas will be used asap.

As for this thread, it will not spit any community. It's no secret 99 player prefer their style of movement and weapons, and UT2004 players prefer theirs, and that's ok. The thing we both have in common is we want to enjoy our movement and weapons on the new engine. I personally would love a commitment to 2k4 movement and weapons, but also I understand if Epic creates something new. Also, I'm curious what a new UT would be like.

So why not help each other make sure we all get what we want. I do not play 99, and I love 2k4, but I've started this thread for both of these amazing communities. We will be helping Epic and ourselves if we start now. As I said before, this is not a split, it's a union.

This is an unbelievable opportunity Epic has invited us to be apart of. Creating the classic mods may not have been the plan, but every creative journey is exciting because of the unpredictable, unexpected and slowly watching all the madness come to life.

The choice is ours to make. We can keep posting, polling, debating and sharing ideas, or, start creating maybe the greatest UT ever with a new core and 2 amazing mods by us. Don't you want to be apart of that?

Comment

Wow, I'm truly surprised. We have gathered hundreds of UT fanatics and nobody believes that we should prepare some modifications just in case.

Have we all forgotten the lack of preparation that killed UT3 at the starting line. If on day 1 UT3 had some mods ready to play, maybe, just maybe, it would have been successful. I know several mods were made, but it was way to late to save UT3.

I'm just an admin/map editor, but I've successfully kept our 2k4 community alive and growing for many years. My keeping as many people content as possible has helped us grow and grow.

The recoding of 3spn by Void has been a challenge, but our commitment to making it user friendly to everyone, Admin and players has insured it's success. After about 90 beta versions tested by SoL, psk and CW I can say it's now user friendly for every community in every country.

It's already, in the words of the oldest TAM community HTM, "it's rejuvenated TAM". Any success it's had, or will have, I completely believe it's due to a combination of great upgrades and the admin and player user friendly modifications.

Yes the 3spn project was only polishing an already great mod, but we are the only one's that have successfully intrigued the 2k4 community. Several people attempted to recode 3spn, but we are the only ones that made sure everyone (Admin, players & country) would find it interesting, and it has been.

Intriguing everyone from Unreal, UT99, UC, 2K3, 2K4 and UT3 is key to the success of UT4. The announcement has got our attention and a few mods will keep our attention. Insure this transition by having mods ready and avoiding another UT3 BETA TEST.

Comment

Wow, I'm truly surprised. We have gathered hundreds of UT fanatics and nobody believes that we should prepare some modifications just in case.
                          Uh, there's nothing to modify yet...

Intriguing everyone from Unreal, UT99, UC, 2K3, 2K4 and UT3 is key to the success of UT4. The announcement has got our attention and a few mods will keep our attention. Insure this transition by having mods ready and avoiding another UT3 BETA TEST.
                          Because Unreal II and UC2 players don't exist?
                          Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                          My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                            Uh, there's nothing to modify yet...
                            Pretty much this. I'm not interested in modding, but cant mod something that doesn't exist.
                            http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/325/16447qq9.png http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7066/2364.png

Comment

Day 1 dodge jump mutator should not need a team That would be the only request I could think of this early in the game..
                              DANG YOU UT2K4 KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!

Comment

Working...
                              X