Kill Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill Confirmed

Hey everyone, I was looking around this subforum and noticed that noone had mentioned this particular gametype yet. I've enjoyed it a lot in the various shooters it's been in so I figured I'd throw the idea out for its inclusion in UT.

This gametype is essentially Team Deathmatch with a twist. When you kill someone points aren't awarded to your team until you run over their body to confirm the kill. In addition, it's also possible for you to deny your opponents their points by running over your teammates corpses before the opposing team can confirm their kill.

Pretty straightforward, yet it spices up good old TDM a bit. Thoughts?

Interesting, but it might not work on all maps - what if their body fell down in lava, or floats off into space?

Comment

Well in COD the dog tags stay put from where they were killed. In theory, it doesn't matter what happens to the body. If they died by falling off, traps, etc...then really its a suicide. However, there may need to be a punishment for suicides like taking away a confirm kill.
      a.k.a Gunner77

Comment

This is not a Gametype really, rather just a Mutator. It's meant to nerf camping and sniping.

Anyway, Greed system is better, you just need to make it into TDM and FFA (even Duel¹, Greed Duel!) by making it so Skulls convert into score after the first (or last, different dynamics²) one acquired is the held for X seconds, or when the full stack reaches a certain number.

¹ In Duel, this would allow you to turn around a spawn camping stack by getting a conversion kill and grabbing all the heads back, so the player getting the kills must be careful not to be killed in the proccess. And also include the things mentioned below in (²).

² If it's based on the first Skull, players will want to rush to grabs new ones really fast so it converts in the current batch instead of creating a new one that can be lost later. If it's the last Skull, players might choose not to catch new ones too fast not to extend the conversion time of the current batch and risk losing it later, and waiting for it on the spot to grab the next skull might collide with item timers, making room for interesting choices as to when catch Skulls, when to leave them (and risk the other player to go grab them), when to blow them up with a rocket, when to leave them and use them as a trap, when to wait for the current conversion before grabbing them but leave an Armor piece up and risk it being stolen, to go for the Armor and then come back and hope it's still there, etc.
        DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

While I had lots of fun playing this game mode in COD, I dont think that it would fit very well into the UT world. It worked and was popular in COD because of Kill Streak Rewards. Kill confirmed definitely made it much easier to get higher kill streaks. With Unreal Tournament no such rewards occur.
          PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
            (...) rather just a Mutator.
            Yes, I agree I think it would work better as a mutator rather than a full game type.
            Last edited by IKILLPAIN; 06-02-2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

It's an interesting idea but I don't think it belongs as the default option. A mutator perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                X