Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ * * Bombing Run * * ] - A Gametype With Depth (Suggestion/Petition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far I'm impressed with the work being done with Bombing Run.

Comment

• Please let this be a thing
      Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
      www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

• ye, if i got time, i'm working on it. Progress: Got the gun, warm up phase, scoring for own team forbidden. I will improve the gun-code now to make it work on a server.

Comment

• I this going to be converted to C++?

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

• let me know when it's ready for testing, happy to provide feedback and leave a server open wtih it.
            Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
            www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

• some stuff

Comment

• Can you somehow convert FR maps to play with the ball, using a small mutator perhaps? I would definitely host that, if it could be done.
                Check the Hybrid Rocket L. Here:https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ed​​​​

Comment

• No C++. You can convert every map and insert goal and ball with the editor, no problem. What is "FR" maps?

Comment

• Flag run. I'll try to do it myself then, automatically replace flag with "ball" and enemy base with the goal. That can be made a mutator I think.
                    Check the Hybrid Rocket L. Here:https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ed​​​​

Comment

• so i need a server test now. I tried myself, but my provider blocks certain ports and theres not really a company, that provides UT4hubs for rent. So if someone could redirect or put the game on a server and let me know, then i can continue. You need to make a new gamemode option in your .ini and add redirect or the .pak. - The .pak includes the map, ball, weapon, gamemode, gamestate etc and works on standalone dedicated server version on my pc, so it should work: http://ut4br.blogspot.de/
                      ALso i already got an "inifinite dodge jump mutator" ready if needed, for all the instagib guys. "dodge jump mutator" works too, but not smooth yet.
                      Last edited by n0niz; 05-15-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• How does your .ini look, and which .ini is it? How about you share the .uassetts so I can build/serve some maps with your gamemode, too.?
                        Last edited by NickG; 05-19-2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• This is the file "BR-TwinTombs-UT2004-WindowsNoEditor.pak" unpacked. You can unpack it with Unrealpak.exe, downloaded with the UnrealTournamentEditor oder UE4 Editor. It contains all uassets and mapelements required for the gamemode.
                          If you want to participate, you could help at making maps: Twintombs more pretty, Converting and buildung Anubis, Converting and building Disclosure, Building Grendelkeep (It exists already on UT4 hubs as CTF-Grendelkeep) - these are the main maps we play every sunday on ut2k4
                          You could also do converting iBR maps, for those who wants to play arena maps.
                          Also i didn't learn yet bot-pathing/handling, balllauncher animations, translating passing parameters to a website, building the radar, adrenaline-mutator, a smooth double-jump mutator. So those blueprints would help a lot.
                          A nice ball-sphere mesh and texture is also missing. I imagined to be most original, like the ut2k3/ut2k3 ball, to have some tradition to that gamemode. (the yellow inner core of the ball)

edit: I updated the filename: http://ut4br.blogspot.de/p/download.html
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by n0niz; 05-19-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• I am unable to try the map even offline, the file becomes unmounted due to wrong/zero file version. To be able to host online reliably, the map may need to be cooked/shared from the UnrealTournamentEditor, or with the -version=3436913 argument added. Also the gamemode may need to be separately cooked in order to add a ruleset correctly for hubs.
                            map:
                            RunUAT.bat makeUTDLC -DLCName=BR-TwinTombs -platform=Win64 -version=3436913

gamemode:
                            RunUAT.bat makeUTDLC -DLCName=UT4BRGameMode -platform=Win64 -version=3436913
                            or is it?
                            RunUAT.bat makeUTDLC -DLCName=UT4BombingRun -platform=Win64 -version=3436913

I think this is because some of us do not have UE4 installed.

I was able to use Unrealpak.exe with -extract argument to attain contents of the BR-TwinTombs-UT2004-WindowsNoEditor.pak, but the UnrealTournamentEditor will crash if I try to add the content before or after starting the editor. I was able to add others content before (example: FrostByteGR Freezetag,) so I don't know why this content crashed my editor. I suspect this is because the content is cooked or missing file version. Please consider recooking with the -version argument or also creating and uploading a .zip of the uncooked files.

Comment

• the version argument should be fixed now with the new file, i will upload the ut4brgamemode file itself. Do you need it as .pak or .uasset? It works in offline mode. I deleted all my versions in edtiro and game folders and added it as in my "how to"

edit: a friend of mine downloaded and follow the instructions. Works for him
                              Last edited by n0niz; 05-19-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Thanks, I will try to follow your new instructions.

edit:
                                Added to my server, 74.91.126.228, under the "Tests" category. Gamemode seems to run online without a separate gamemode file being necessary.

I hope this is helpful information:
                                The ball projectile is not replicated or something; it just disappears when fired, and does not reset.
                                The ball carrier can run through the goal and score 7.
                                The announcer says, "new round in", but does not say a countdown offline.
                                The announcer says "ball reset" online, but does not say any new round messages.

I extracted the new file and added the content to "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content." My editor still crashes if the files are there. Have you been able to share content with others this way? Maybe I need to move it to another directory. Otherwise, it is possibly because it is cooked content, and I would need a .zip of the UT4BombingRun from your content directory to add development.
                                Last edited by NickG; 05-19-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X