Going Prone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Prone

I mean, come on guys, these suggestions. Sprinting, wall (insert idea)ing, scuba gear, aim down sights...i'm just waiting for someone to suggest adding the ability to go prone.

EDIT: Not that I want it:S
    EDIT 2: Wrong board, sorry!
    EDIT 3: Ceiling clinging!
    Last edited by Wargasmic; 06-17-2014, 01:58 AM.

Yeah, the site is invaded by COD and POP fanbois *cringe* - and they're trying to make UT4 into something thats not UT except for the name.

If the devs and the decision-makers at EPIC doesn't have a bit of common sense, then the new UT game will be nothing but a footnote in gaming history - contrary to the first Unreal Tournament game which is a masterpiece.
    Last edited by Solei; 06-17-2014, 02:53 AM.
    **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
    64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
    READY.

Comment

sometimes i get the feeling these forums have people from like activision or EA in here giving intentionally bad suggests to sabotage this game, cause they feel threatened by the free model UT offers. They don't want somebody to come along and undermine their $$$$$$$15 dollar for 3 maps DLC map pack$$$$$$ business model.

Comment

I think it's safe to say going prone in UT isn't on the list of things we want to do. Now feigning death... that's a whole different dinner.

Comment

I am the one who suggested Scuba Gear. I have never played COD or any new FPS except UT3. The Scuba Gear idea was from UT99.
          [edit] What's going prone mean?
          Last edited by tarnationsauce2; 06-19-2014, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
            I am the one who suggested Scuba Gear. I have never played COD or any new FPS except UT3. The Scuba Gear idea was from UT99.
            [edit] What's going prone mean?
            I could demonstrate going prone for you, but I'd be lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
              I could demonstrate going prone for you, but I'd be lying.

"You be dead!"

Is it poor etiquette to teabag someone who's faking death?

Comment

poor etiquette -- no!
                probably suicide -- yes!

Btw.. I have no inherent problem with Scuba gear but you have to have levels that utilize it first. And water filled maps tend to slow everything down and are more situated to single player games. Though Dave had made this great CTF map that I don't think we ever shipped that had huge sections under water. So if there is a map were it would make sense, adding Scuba gear makes sense.

Comment

someone suggested different movement mechanics for in/under the water. it's a decent suggestion, since traditionally water is more of a trap than a place you want to be. maybe the scuba gear could play into that? just an idea
                  "History is written by the victors"

Comment

Histortion I completely agree and I'm open to try something like that. But internally, the push for that will have to come from an LD.

Comment

So someone would need to design a level for scuba gear before scuba gear would be implemented?

Comment

I want scuba gear back, AS-OceanFloor was really fun.

Maybe it could come with some sort of boosters or something that let you glide through water to make underwater combat more fast paced and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
                          poor etiquette -- no!
                          probably suicide -- yes!

Btw.. I have no inherent problem with Scuba gear but you have to have levels that utilize it first. And water filled maps tend to slow everything down and are more situated to single player games. Though Dave had made this great CTF map that I don't think we ever shipped that had huge sections under water. So if there is a map were it would make sense, adding Scuba gear makes sense.

Well, I would look at AS-OceanFloor. I always kind of liked levels like that , and it shows how under water works. I do think it needs some tweeking from back then.

Anyway, I'm I the only one wondering if the map file or at least screenshots of the map still exist around Epic somewhere? That would be a huge treat for the UT Vets.

Comment

Are you looking for the Map to play in UT99 or for us to put Assault in to the new game? It's hard to tell.

Comment

I think he wants to say to make the maps flow like it did in OceanFloor.
                              History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                              UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                              UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                              UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Working...
                              X