Gametypes & Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gametypes & Options

When I start reading this forum I though the design of the game was going to start in here, in the gametypes discusion, probably because I have never create a game I was wrong because all games need to start from movement, weapons, and so on. In my opinion we start the house from the roof.

What options would you like to see in terms of gametypes? I give 11 options, there are 4 options remaining for new ideas, so if yours is not in the options, post it here.
    core should have gametypes from UT99
    17.39%
    core should have gametypes from UT2k4
    17.39%
    core should have gametypes from UT3
    13.04%
    mix gametypes from ut99/ut2k4/ut3
    10.87%
    mix from ut99/ut2k4/ut3 plus well known mods
    26.09%
    only popular mods, forget about core gametypes
    0.00%
    gametypes should all be new ones
    2.17%
    mmo-fps
    4.35%
    mmo-rpg + arenas (aka gametypes)
    2.17%
    mmo-rpg-fps + arenas (aka gametypes)
    4.35%
    I think we have'nt found the right model yet
    2.17%
    Last edited by velocidad; 06-26-2014, 06:26 AM.

How do I edit a poll?

Comment

Who knows

Anyway, it's not a stretch to include some of the more popular mods from previous games

BT and TAM come to mind, but there are a few others

People seem to think we can leave this to modders, but what makes you think any modders are interested in making TAM in UT4? or that the core gameplay is even close to good enough for BT(it isn't)

Other mods aside, adding BT to the base game adds a new dimension for players, one with huge benefits

Comment

Originally posted by tigerclaw View Post
        Who knows

Anyway, it's not a stretch to include some of the more popular mods from previous games

BT and TAM come to mind, but there are a few others

People seem to think we can leave this to modders, but what makes you think any modders are interested in making TAM in UT4? or that the core gameplay is even close to good enough for BT(it isn't)

Other mods aside, adding BT to the base game adds a new dimension for players, one with huge benefits
        That's why I still don't understand why they start from movement instead of gametypes/gamedesign.

In my personal opinion I would like UT4 to be a mmo (any kind) + arenas (all known gametypes), this will give the game popularity and a even bigger comunity to make changes or create more assest. If not, as you already pointed, I would like to see BT99 and siege99 come with the core.

Comment

The reason they started with movement is that movement is the basis of map design. And without maps, you can't test game modes properly. Also Epic stated they wanted to start with DM and TDM, then later add CTF. Personally I agree with this minimalist approach, because the community will be able to contribute additional modes.
          <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
          <TNSe> nono
          <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
          <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
          <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
          <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Working...
          X