Giant maps, low grav

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant maps, low grav

I've played every version of UT day of release and my favorite game type is the one we used to play the most in UT99. We played with custom made giant maps like Kitchen or bedroom. Low gravity was set to 155/55 with all weapons enabled and instagib was a must have as the coveted device (If you could find it). I would love to see this added as a default sub gametype for Deathmatch in the new unreal. I think with updated maps using the original ones as inspiration, it could really become an easy favorite among DM fans. perhaps it could be called DM-GMC. Thoughts?

Yeah I loved those.

What would be interesting is sliders to increase/decrease player and pickup scale and tweak the gravity together, so you could play default maps as "giant maps".

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
      Yeah I loved those.

What would be interesting is sliders to increase/decrease player and pickup scale and tweak the gravity together, so you could play default maps as "giant maps".
      Now there's an idea!

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
        Now there's an idea!
        It would also potentially allow for many different kinds of movement systems (whether by muts or whatever) without having to scale the maps.

Comment

There was a bedroom one for 2k4. Have you played that one? It had kids blocks with letters on them. Cool map indeed. There was a corridor where the bedrooms were connected. And then a corridor as if you were outside the house in the yard.
          Last edited by d33p_Sky; 06-27-2014, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Not as a default, please.
            Flop 1: Classic UT'ers got their way in UT3. Flop 2: Imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by s2ta View Post
              There was a bedroom one for 2k4. Have you played that one? It had kids blocks with letters on them. Cool map indeed. There was a corridor where the bedrooms were connected. And then a corridor as if you were outside the house in the yard.
              that's been around since UT99.

Comment

maybe tribes ascend is for you.

Comment

Originally posted by s2ta View Post
                  There were about 1320125340 of these maps for all kinds of game modes and with very varying quality. About all of them have a problem with preferring hit-scan due to wide-open areas in many places.
                  <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
                  <TNSe> nono
                  <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
                  <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
                  <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
                  <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

They are always the very fun maps in all UT versions.
                    forget about the balancing issues. they are never for competitive playing. Fun is everything above all.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                      There were about 1320125340 of these maps for all kinds of game modes and with very varying quality. About all of them have a problem with preferring hit-scan due to wide-open areas in many places.
                      Bedrooms and Bathrooms are the most popular maps in UT. There have been so many versions of them. Now @s2ta in UT99 there is a bedrroms map that consist of what your talking. Now in your version did it have the mom and dad having "fun" in the top center window? Also with lg and speed I think it would just be a mutator like it was in the original game.
                      History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                      UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                      UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                      UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Not that I'm against seeing them as downloads, but I doubt they'd get officially added as the quality will drop too much as the scale goes up, so they'd be super inconsistent with the other maps :P

Comment

Originally posted by DNShai View Post
                          I've played every version of UT day of release and my favorite game type is the one we used to play the most in UT99. We played with custom made giant maps like Kitchen or bedroom. Low gravity was set to 155/55 with all weapons enabled and instagib was a must have as the coveted device (If you could find it). I would love to see this added as a default sub gametype for Deathmatch in the new unreal. I think with updated maps using the original ones as inspiration, it could really become an easy favorite among DM fans. perhaps it could be called DM-GMC. Thoughts?
                          Yes, please!!! I never stop talking about the fun I had in those maps. The christmas pipes map, the giant fast food map, the giant bar with the pool table that you could run around inside of, the backyard map was a cool one too with everyone jumping on the roof and going through the bedroom window. Everyone hiding with their snipers waiting for someone to move. I love those giant maps. It's the most fun I've ever had and I'd give anything to have that experience again.

Comment

I remember playing LGI CTF 135/35 and 155/55 and playing maps like civil war and bad neighbors the thorns series all kinds of maps I hope that the LGI CTF 155/55 or 135/35 purple come back in this new version! I know a few and still talk to them I will have to D/L this game try it or and start sharing to try and get more people playing!

Comment

Well, *cough*, hey guys: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...nts-Collection

The XL version of the direct port has custom Low Grav built in and plays well on Insta
                              "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
                              "No, why."
                              "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

Comment

Working...
                              X