weapon locker nub should be a day 1 stock mutator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weapon locker nub should be a day 1 stock mutator

UT should have a stock mutator(off by default obviously) that changes every weapon pickup on the map to a nub friendly weapon locker that has every darn gun in the game, or at least all the guns that are in that map.(obviously excluding deemers etc) With a mutator that replaces every single weapon pickup on the map with a weapon locker, the game could be more appealing and accessible to a much larger crowd. There's already been stock mutators that replace all guns with rockets, 1 that replaces all snipers with LG, why not 1 that replaces all single weapon pickups with weapon lockers. This could also put the frag fest chaos potential in over drive on gametypes like TDM and ctf. As of now weapon lockers are only found in stuff like ONS vctf and assault. I think a lot of people would like to see them more often. Theres also the option of just having a couple DM or CTF maps etc with weap lockers. IF you can make a DM map with a darkwalker then why not a dm map with a weapon locker.(tho a mutator would save the trouble of having to go convert hundreds of maps) Why should something like this be gametype defined and not map by map defined. 1 of the reasons TAM stomped TDM in popularity in2k4 is cause there's too many people who hate having to fish for weapons between each and every death. I think weapon locker TDM would have a frag fest level of over 9000.

Think of the patience level of the average gamer and consider the reasons as to why they play cod clones. Call of camperfield duty players will say TLDR to the thought of having to go fish for weapons for far too long between each and every time they die, often dying in just the process of getting weapons. The whole fishing for weapons mechanic is 1 of the main turn offs for the call of camperfield duty crowd. In most modern games, you spawn with your best gun outright. You know as well as i do that UT needs to cut into that player demographic.
    Last edited by kronx; 06-29-2014, 12:14 AM.

Well that's a quite horrible idea. But keep it up.

If you want to have all weapons at spawn there are gametypes for that.
    http://s4.postimg.org/pbdwx4zzh/Untitled.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by raeg View Post
      If you want to have all weapons at spawn there are gametypes for that.
      not really, theres ONS, vctf, tam and and sometimes assault n that's it, all of which are very controversial game types. There are zero stock non vehicle game types with weapon lockers and there's lots of people who hate both vehicles and "having to go all the way over there every time to get your fav gun." I'm not even taking a side as to which method of obtaining weapons I prefer but think about the average ADD call of dutifield player, who rage uninstall games like this after whining that they couldn't find a good gun. Maybe a mutator is overkill and undermines mappers but at least make a couple non vehicle maps with lockers. This is all part of a much bigger issue. It's the never ending debate of vehicles vs the anti vehicle elitist uber pro DMer. Vehicles in UT have that stigma to them. Some say it totally nubs up the game while others disagree and we'll never hear the end of it. Why did weapons have to get dragged into that debate too?
      Last edited by kronx; 07-02-2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X