Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instagib

Hello all
    Anyone knows if Instagib r already implanted on any server ? if yes witch one ?

thanks in advance

Apparently the Instagib Rifle isn't much fun yet. When there are more CTF maps, an iCTF server might be set up.

But currently it's really more important to get the regular weapon balance sorted out. An Instagib server wouldn't really help for that.
    <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
    <TNSe> nono
    <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
    <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
    <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
    <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

An instagib server would help immensely for getting feedback on the netcode and hit registration.

Comment

and to adapt to the new dogde X) is it possible to i create a local with insta ?

Comment

It'S definitely coming, need to be a little patient. Or frequently hang out in irc sometimes we do a insta match.

Comment

i will try to arrange a ded. Server, if u want add-me on steam "Danger Bass" we talk thro there, im not using irc too much these days X)

Comment

Instagib fun? you must have:
              A: Alt fire with some sort impact hammer replacement that allows insta-gib up on touch, but same time, allows damage jump boost...
              B: Blast effects; making hit boom, and shot blast effect look damageful with load of sparks coming out ... it IS a over charged shock rifle after all...
              C: Color for teams.... nuff said... we all need that, 4 different colors BTW...
              D: Deflecting off some surfaces, like mirrors, and refract going through water/glass to toss randomness/chaos!
              E: Emmit (team) color lights when fire, looks like light show disco in the dark!
              F: Firing animation looks different from normal shock rifle; you don't want this BFG of a lazer tag look any less than what it REALLY IS...
              G: Gibs... LOTS OF GIBS... I DON'T care if 15 leg parts flew out of one blasted guy... just make like 50 pieces/chunks flew out of one dead target, and tons of blood everywhere!

I think the "G" point is most important... oh! those gibs... make them rubber ball bounce and make contact splash and paint ground/ceiling/walls/player models too!!~~~

Comment

Hi,

Yes there's insta DM and CTF servers you can play on.

Have a look at https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...eedback-Thread
                http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

I currently have an Instagib TDM server up and running in the US, I think its the only one.
                  PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by impacthappy View Post
                    Instagib fun? you must have:
                    A: Alt fire with some sort impact hammer replacement that allows insta-gib up on touch, but same time, allows damage jump boost...
                    B: Blast effects; making hit boom, and shot blast effect look damageful with load of sparks coming out ... it IS a over charged shock rifle after all...
                    C: Color for teams.... nuff said... we all need that, 4 different colors BTW...
                    D: Deflecting off some surfaces, like mirrors, and refract going through water/glass to toss randomness/chaos!
                    E: Emmit (team) color lights when fire, looks like light show disco in the dark!
                    F: Firing animation looks different from normal shock rifle; you don't want this BFG of a lazer tag look any less than what it REALLY IS...
                    G: Gibs... LOTS OF GIBS... I DON'T care if 15 leg parts flew out of one blasted guy... just make like 50 pieces/chunks flew out of one dead target, and tons of blood everywhere!

I think the "G" point is most important... oh! those gibs... make them rubber ball bounce and make contact splash and paint ground/ceiling/walls/player models too!!~~~

I don't agree with all the extras for the alt. IG has no need for clever moves or trick shots it's all about basic good aim and moves.

However I do agree with you over team coloured beams and the rifle should look mean and messy and of course lumps of gibs everywhere

BTW there is a Northen France iCTF server.

Comment

Definitely agree with the extra special effects for the instagib shock rifle! Also want to see more gore when the instagib kills someone. I'm thinking something along the lines of the alien weapons in District 9, the Dominator gun from Psycho-Pass or quad damage rail gun from Quake 3 . If we can get a mix of all these in our instagib shock rifle that'd be awesome . PS sorry for the necropost but this thread covers the things i'd like to see very nicely .

Comment

Downloading the Unreal Editor (19GB!) now to try and make these changes when I get a chance . Been a while since I used the editor and I've never messed with the code side of Unreal before but fortunately it looks like there's plenty of documentation available .

Comment

Working...
                        X