Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Domination

Comment

I find it odd that the two most popular and still surviving gametypes of UT3 Warfare and vCTF and so low on this list.
      If it weren't for vCTF and Warfare UT3 would be pretty much dead.
      Depending on the time of day you can still find UT3 Warfare and vCTF servers with 32/32 players.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
        I find it odd that the two most popular and still surviving gametypes of UT3 Warfare and vCTF and so low on this list.
        If it weren't for vCTF and Warfare UT3 would be pretty much dead.
        Depending on the time of day you can still find UT3 Warfare and vCTF servers with 32/32 players.
        This is simple Warfare and VCTF is only in UT3

Comment

where is Double Domination

Comment

-Duel (obviously)
            -DM and iDM (obviously)
            -TDM and iTDM (obviously)
            -CTF and iCTF (obviously)

^These are the core modes that will be implemented into the game

Now, for the other modes:

-VCTF (one of the most popular modes in UT2004 and THE most popular mode in UT3. One of if not the best gametype for clanwars).
            -Warfare / Onslaught (whichever a majority of the community decides. I personally would like Warfare without the orb, but with hoverboards).
            -Invasion
            -Monster Hunt
            -JailBreak
            -Assault
            -Bombing Run
            -Domination

My question is, why not all of them into the game at some point or another? The more variety of game modes the better, so people can have more choices and play their favorites. A game with only DM, TDM, CTF and Duel would be boring. Adding in a couple more modes would make it better, but still needs some more. If the game will include all the modes mentioned above at some point or another, it will be better.

Comment

So far all we see is deathmatch and nothing else. I think Dev team should make a first step and introduce NEW game mode. Something that we didn't see before because so far this game not only didn't show anything new (pre-alfa ok but) but dev didn't even said a idea of concept of something new.

Comment

TAM is no option for the vote :\

TAM>all

then

Deathmatch
                CTF
                TDM
                Jump/Trick/Slide Maps
                Last Man Standing

Comment

My view on game modes:

I think the gameplay of an arena FPS is roughly defined by three factors: scale (mapsize, and properties), weapon+items (balance and properties) and movement.
                  What happens when you take one of these factors and radically change it? Imagine a random map from UT99 or quake and make it 10 times bigger, what happens? Half of the weapons are broken, it takes forever to go anywhere, enemies are ant-sized.
                  People play anything, so people would play it, but sooner or later the lack of balance would kill the game.
                  Balance is critical and should be the end result of a long series of careful gameplay decisions.
                  The easiest way to balance the game is to make it perfect to play DM, because the essence of the game is DM:

TDM (DM with teams)
                  Duel (DM 1vs1)
                  Last Man Standing (DM with different score rules)
                  DOM (DM with teams and territorial elements)
                  CTF (DM influenced game of Capture The Flag)

These modes should be officially supported by EPIC, anything else should be left to community development: vehicles (break mapsize, weapon balance and movement), coop games vs AI, bunnytrack, maybe instagib)
                  An eventual new game mode should be designed so that a player can transfer in it a good part of his DM skills.

I know that this looks extreme but I feel the game should have tight cohesion to retain the new userbase as long as possible

Comment

Working...
                  X