Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF CTF CTF CTF CTF CTF CTF CTF and TDM

Comment

I'm all for the obvious ones like DM, TDM, CTF and Assault, but I'd love to see Domination/Double Domination come back. It was an awesome feeling taking down enemies one after the other or in waves by yourself defending that DOM point. Ah....awesome times.

Comment

ictf

tdm
        Kîng!`
        UTzone.de

Comment

Originally posted by HunterBuF View Post
          because then you spread out development to thin and some can always come back as Mods.
          Development is already going to be community-driven, right? In other words, we're essentially getting mods from the beginning. All game modes should be a goal in my opinion, everyone can just work on their favorite game mode.

To keep things focused early on though, I guess, I'd vote Assault for priority, aside from the obvious (DM, TDM, CTF) of course. It's one of my favorite modes, but it's one that needs time for balance passes for each mission, and not just for the layout and overarching game mode design.

Comment

I voted, but +1 to Domination.

Comment

You forgot Domination and LMS (Last Man Standing).
              History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
              UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
              UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
              UT Main Menu Design

Comment

I think DM, TDM, CTF should be the CORE. do add the 4 teams! red, blue, green, yellow
                after those core I would love to see: TAM/Freeon, Invation and then the domination with 3 points.
                - ZixXer - Environment artist - Trigger happy - UT fan -

Comment

Wonder if its possible to make up a brand new game mode as well..?

Comment

personally I played the vehicle type modes the most but also instagib, bombing run was also a lot of fun and I missed it in ut3

some things I have not seen mentioned here are jailbreak which is pretty cool and 4+ team variations of all game modes really
                    the mode system should be open enough to allow for as many teams as people can fit on a server =D
                    I could imagine 10 team ctf (3 players each ) or the like to be a lot of fun =) either with 1 flag and each team has a base or each team has a flag that has to be brought to the own, maybe even so that one team has to collect one of each teams flag =P endless ideas

Comment

Originally posted by ZixXer View Post
                      do add the 4 teams! red, blue, green, yellow
                      THIS. PLEASE. Would love. so much.

Comment

Originally posted by gzv View Post
                        THIS. PLEASE. Would love. so much.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	teamlogos.gif
Views:	3
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	328321

How will the flags look?
                        History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                        UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                        UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                        UT Main Menu Design

Comment

All of them and more if possible, just as long as none of the game modes affect the core gameplay design which is DM.

Comment

Yes, more than two teams is mandatory. This was a feature I seriously missed in UT200x/3. The custom mods that brought back 4-team modes just didn't cut it because they had to hack the higher number of teams into the game and lost quite some compatibility to the regular two-team modes. (And FYI: I did write up thoughts to make Jailbreak work with more than two teams back when UT "Envy" - later known as UT 2007 and eventually became UT3 - was announced.)

I'd go for a low number of core game modes, btw. Let the community provide the remaining game modes. I'd say the core game only needs (T)DM, CTF and Onslaught. Remember, we are talking core here. The real question is: How easy is it for the player to add (and get notified about) custom game modes. The server browser should definitely show a list of modes the player currently misses because he doesn't have them installed. That list should include the number of servers and players for each mode.
                            Last edited by Wormbo; 05-10-2014, 02:42 AM.
                            <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
                            <TNSe> nono
                            <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
                            <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
                            <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
                            <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

I started playing ut in 99 as a domination player....since then it has never been the same.....i want the old dom back, revamped maps with the same rules, with translocaters....That would bring the old dom elites back I believe.

Comment

I would love to play Double Domination too, that was one of the most fun modes back in UT2K3/2k4.

Comment

Working...
                                X