Game modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I also prefer Warfare with Orb over Onslaught. Not only did it speed up the game, it added depth to it. Worried about the enemy stealing you node with an orb? So protect it yourself with your own orb! That easy.

Originally posted by s2ta
    Also in UT3 we have been blessed with a large number of downsized maps.
    THANK GOD! Torlan involved way too much running if you didn't have a vehicle in UT2004.
    Last edited by InVader; 07-03-2014, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd recommend changes to the Betrayal mode, though. The way its rules were set up in UT3 was an invitation for players to trash the game. I did try in my UT2004 port, but couldn't close all the loopholes. (I think I caught most of them, though.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exactly.
    But I agree with Zaxx on Greed. And I would also like Betrayal, that was really interesting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
    Borderline forum spamming. Well done.
    I didn't see this thread until today and thought this was a good place for thoughts on it as well. Maybe i should have provided a link instead? You saw what I did there...---> /applause

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by s2ta View Post
    My reasoning as follows..

Ctrl-C

Ctrl-V

Borderline forum spamming. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zaxx View Post
    One word: GREED. Absolutely loved that mode and want it back.

Anyway I'd like to see Warfare instead of Onslaught, it had some nice additions from Assault compared to the Onslaught in UT2k4.
    And I actually prefer the opposite. And that is Onslaught over Warfare. My reasoning as follows..
    With the Orb in UT3 it made things too easy. I like the tense fighting for nodes and I feel some of that is lost with the Orb in Warfare. It's just one of the things that turned me away from UT3. Ok, so we got tired of people not being able to take over nodes quickly enough. Let's design a tool which allows n00bs to instantly take over a node!! It's better than the redeemer. I can instantly make it MY node! What is the general tactic here? Protect Orb guy. He can save us.

IMHO, the orb takes the work out of the game. We no longer need to work at bringing down or bringing up the node. Just bring Orb guy to save the day. It almost instantly. I can see why most messages indicate defend defend. Once you finish defending, you take the orb in order to instantly take over the next node without even breaking a sweat.The Orb causes the maps to be finished FAR too quickly. Where is the sense of working for the node? Working to get it up and protect it while it is being built. All these elements are gone and can sometimes cause a map to finish extremely fast.

It leaves me with a sense of "I wanted more out of this battle." Oddly enough, quickly switching between maps is not as entertaining as having a big juicy battle on one map. But, apparently, Epic figured "Hey, we know stupid people don't know how to properly bring up and take down nodes(console gamers), lets create a tool where they can instantly do both at the same time!"

Node Configurations:
    Every node configuration is a linear pathway. What made maps like Dria and Dawn so great? There were constant battles going on through out the entire map. Constant pushes and constant pulls. It was madness, and it was great. What's the objective now? One big battle at a node. Now let's move the battle over to the next node. Great. We finally reached their core. Oh wait, one of their players reached prime with the orb. Let's do the same so we can quickly get back to killing the core.Also in UT3 we have been blessed with a large number of downsized maps.
    Last edited by d33p_Sky; 06-25-2014, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by InVader View Post
    Add 4 teams please.

Also, where is Domination mode?

Last but not least, only add monsters in the game if it's going to be like MonsterHunt with separate maps. Invasion in UT2k4 was total bs.

MonsterHunt in UT99 was a lot more fun. Each map was like an adventure. Each map had it's story. It was like a small scale MMO. Players were racing not only in the form frags, but they also wanted to be the first to reach the end of the map and see themselves standing there, pelvis thrusting, waving at the others. Players were gathering before portals that lead to bossfights, almost as if they are preparing for a raid. It had quests! Often you had to search for keys or switches on the map. Gather most to progress, gather all for a special reward (like instagib). It had a variety of maps with underwater and airborn missions.

In UT2k4 there's nothing in comparison to great maps like Andromeda Ancient, Skylands 1-3, SkyBlueFound 1-2, Long Corridor (2006 version), jikyu89, Nali Village, Krall Fortress etc. Invasion is a completely underwhelming experience compared to MonsterHunt.

I would also like to see Betrayal and Greed I played the hell out of them in UT3. Especially Betrayal.
    great idea! i think that would be veeeeeery fun a tdm with 3 4 teams or a ctf with 3 teams lol omg this need to be implemented!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I voted for everything but Onslaught. I prefer the orb. Speeds up gameplay and makes for interesting strat and hilarious node captures.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Deathmatch, TeamDeathmatch, Duel (well, in fact is Deathmatch with maxplayers=2 so...), Capture The Flag, Assault (UT:GOTY style), Classic Domination and LastManStanding. Maybe a variation of BombingRun could be sweet. Anyway, the translocator HAS TO BE like the UT:GOTY, unlimited and with the original parabolic trajectory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by IYI View Post
    Hope to see Bombing Run back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Ghb-LHseQ
    Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Some funky music, there...lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Add 4 teams please.

Also, where is Domination mode?

Last but not least, only add monsters in the game if it's going to be like MonsterHunt with separate maps. Invasion in UT2k4 was total bs.

MonsterHunt in UT99 was a lot more fun. Each map was like an adventure. Each map had it's story. It was like a small scale MMO. Players were racing not only in the form frags, but they also wanted to be the first to reach the end of the map and see themselves standing there, pelvis thrusting, waving at the others. Players were gathering before portals that lead to bossfights, almost as if they are preparing for a raid. It had quests! Often you had to search for keys or switches on the map. Gather most to progress, gather all for a special reward (like instagib). It had a variety of maps with underwater and airborn missions.

In UT2k4 there's nothing in comparison to great maps like Andromeda Ancient, Skylands 1-3, SkyBlueFound 1-2, Long Corridor (2006 version), jikyu800-en, Nali Village, Krall Fortress etc. Invasion is a completely underwhelming experience compared to MonsterHunt.

I would also like to see Betrayal and Greed I played the hell out of them in UT3. Especially Betrayal.
    Last edited by InVader; 05-23-2014, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ComboGib..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I literally voted for everything I love them all .. Also although it wasn't the most popular game mode in UT3 what do you guys think of the return of betrayal?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would be for not including vehicles. They just doesn't fit into the UT IMO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You're missing Team Arena Master.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X