Game modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jailbreak

Jailbreak for ut2k4 was the best gamemode I've ever played in my life. And someone else already mentioned (Double) domination. Those were fun also, In all honesty I expect all gametypes to be remade into the game because to me that's what unreal tournament, tons and tons of choices and something for everyone.

Comment

already voted, but i missed something...

where's BTA? how about a BTA gamemods too? i think is way better than TDM (maybe not so casual friendly)

Comment

I vote for 4 teams!
        I also have a proposal: it would obviously be coming waaaay late into development, bu why not port over single-player tournament mode of UT2k4 and UT99 into multiplayer? There would be servers in which the host choose the maps and modes accesible and players would lead or join teams. Bots would complete teams scaling their level according to the players in the team (already possible circa UT2k4).

Comment

My prefs for previous game modes:

Deathmatch (Dm)
          Team Deathmatch (TDm)
          Capture the Flag (CtF)
          Vehicular Capture the Flag (VCtF)
          Domination (Dom)
          Double Domination (DDom)
          Assault (As/Ast)
          Invasion (Inv)/Monster Hunt (MH)/whatever it will be called
          Duel (Dm-1on1)
          Last Man Standing (LMS)
          Mutant (Mut/Mutt)/King of the Hill (KotH)/whatever it will be called
          Onslaught (Ons)/Warfare (War)
          Bombing Run (BR)

To those who forgot, Warfare is like Onslaught but with some additional, Assault-like objectives, as well as the orb that you can throw at an enemy node to conquer it.
          The new UT is coming along nicely...
          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

New concept game mode, arena ctf. This is for maps that are just a box with 2 flags in them, which Imo are the funnest maps for ctf. Maps like maul, dueling keeps, the keep, and thorns for example always have the most action. Please let me know if any one else feels this way....This would favor the more dm style of ctf.

Comment

Jailbreak... now I totaly forgot about that game mode, while I think its not one of the 3 core game modes I do think jailbreak is one of the more fun gamemodes around.
              being locked up in the jail and trying the be the last one to die because of strange environmental jail kill systems was just fun. And of course its always nice if your the last man standing and freeing your entire team. ready to kick *** again.
              - ZixXer - Environment artist - Trigger happy - UT fan -

Comment

adding TAM or BTA will turn this game into a casual friendly noob game.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopDogg View Post
                  adding TAM or BTA will turn this game into a casual friendly noob game.
                  TAM? BTA? Sorry if I make myself look like a noob, but I don't know what these stand for.
                  The new UT is coming along nicely...
                  Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by ZixXer View Post
                    Jailbreak... now I totaly forgot about that game mode, while I think its not one of the 3 core game modes I do think jailbreak is one of the more fun gamemodes around.
                    being locked up in the jail and trying the be the last one to die because of strange environmental jail kill systems was just fun. And of course its always nice if your the last man standing and freeing your entire team. ready to kick *** again.
                    I always thing jb is like TLMS, but with a twist. Also i just love the different ways you can die in jail.
                    History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                    UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                    UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                    UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Id love to see domination/double domination again. That would be so sweet

Comment

What can i say...more the merrier. I want all and more.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerclaw View Post
                          add in domination and bunnytack

you may not know BT but it's massively popular in UT99

also add TAM for 2K4
                          Totally agree! BT is huge in UT99.

Jailbreak is another gamemode I also would like to see.

Comment

Personally, I don't see the point of including a separate gametype for Duel (or 1v1), when you can just set up a regular DM or TDM match with only 2 players (and anyone else joining as a spectator) if you want that. There should only be one gametype for Onslaught OR Warfare, not both (details between which features get include from each in that final gametype can be discussed elsewhere), but including an Assault mode is a must. The ones which aren't mentioned here which I think are must-haves are Last Man Standing (a truly original staple of the original UT which I haven't seen anything else like in any other FPS since) and the original Domination. I personally did not enjoy Double Domination.

If we're including add-on gametypes from mods, I would also include:

Chaos (too much fun to leave out)
                            Holy Wars (try this one if you haven't)
                            Strangelove (technically this could be played as just a mutator but let's face it, this felt like its own gametype)
                            CTF4 (3 other flags to cap instead of one? Sign me up!)
                            And some kind of Invasion, Monster Hunt or Horde-like mode for those who enjoy defending a base endlessly with their teammates against seemingly unending hordes of enemies.

Comment

DM, TDM and CTF are no brainers so apart from those I'd say Assault since it always had a solid spot in UT and so does Invasion in 2k4.
                              Other game modes were great aswell but just not as popular as those 5.
                              Not mentioning Duel since it's just 1on1 DM and doesn't need a seperate gamemode.

Can't wait to see a new Hellbender/scorpion race in the new UT and all other kinds of crazy stuff in Assault and Invasion.

Comment

Where the hell is Domination?

Comment

Working...
                                X