No announcement yet.

Game modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am missing a option for Domination, which is my favorite mode beside Capture the Flag.

Comment

Last Man Standing, please. I played LMS Instagib more than anything else in UT99, followed by Assault then CTF. Really missed seeing a decent iteration of LMS in 2k3/4 and UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
        This is missing "King of the Hill" or "Territory Control".
        this

"last man standing" I remember "mutant" from ut2004 it was fun

Comment

It is better not to have too many game modes, because the more game modes, the more fragmented will be the player numbers, so, vCTF and CTF should be the same (just apply a mutator if you dont want vehicles in your server) and DM and Duel should be the considered the same too (again apply some mutators and you are done setting your duel server).

Comment

There's so many good ones. And they're probably all gonna be there eventually.

I'd like to give another shout-out to Invasion, I've had enormous amounts of fun playing that. Jailbreak was also a very, very fun community-made gamemode. Would definitely welcome that back!

Comment

The more, the better. Leave restrictions to the consoles.
              DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

This what i want from a mode:
                -more then 1 person a team, less then 6. two teams per match.(i personally think 3v3 would be ideal)
                -it isn't over until it is over, the losing team always has a chance to come back until its officially over. So no timer hard limit where a team is down by 10 pts and its impossible for them to get those 10 pts in time but the game drags on.
                -The mode has to encourage action and discourage stalemate situations or long periods of inaction
                -It has to be spectator friendly which means a singular objective so fans can see whenever something important to the objective happens.
                -There has to be map pickups because map pickups is a defining part of UT and Arena shooters in general.
                Last edited by Atavax; 05-12-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I can't officially vote until domination is added... . But here is my unofficial vote.

DM
                  TDM
                  CTF

vCTF
                  DOM
                  Assult
                  Onslaught/warefare

The first three form the very core, and what Epic has said they will focus on first. It also features the only duplicates in terms of map list (that being DM/TDM). While I'm aware that Domination can be (and often is) easily converted to DM/TDM, it traditionally has its own unique maps. So, otherwise, each of the listed gametypes represent a unique set of maps. I may be mistaken, but I recall Bombing Run and Double Domination recycling CTF maps, which is why I didn't include them on my list. If they do have unique maps, then those could be included as well.

Personally, I like bombing run, hate double domination, and am so-so on vctf, but that doesn't mean those shouldn't be included.

I figure things like TAM, LMS, Invasion, etc can be added later, or modded in by the community, since they, once again just recycle existing maps.

Comment

missing BT and DOM
                    UT - visionary
                    just do it = epic win

Comment

Ok this came a bit late to 2k4 but MOSO is a fun gamemode. Interestingly the simpler the maps, the more fun the game is. The mode is really simple, you take TDM as base give everybody a shock rifle with no damage but a bigger push back, add some environmental damages to the map and let the fun and frustration begin.

Comment

Poll needs Domination/Double Domination.

I'd place a vote for Domination.

Comment

DM
                          TDM
                          CTF
                          Assault
                          Bombing Run
                          Invasion
                          vCTF
                          Duel
                          Warfare

-Duel
                          -DM (confirmed)
                          -TDM
                          -CTF (confirmed)
                          -VCTF (BEST GAME MODE IN UT3. PLEASE ADD IT. It's amazing what kind of clan wars and matches there were in UT3 in VCTF, a ton of teamwork and skill and fun was involved in them. And if you're just going to say "well I don't lieeeeek vehiclzzzzzzzzz duel and dm is for prozzzzzzzzzzzz vctf suxxxx dont add it it ruined Unreal tournameeeeeeent" then just gtfo. VCTF was easily the best game mode in UT3)
                          -Warfare (or Onslaught with Hover boards)
                          -Bombing Run
                          -Domination
                          -Assault
                          -Invasion

Extra mods:
                          iCTF
                          l3unny Trails (simply amazing game mode from UT99 and UT3, a ton of fun)

Comment

DOMINATION isn't in there and that was easily one of the best gamemodes that ever came out of UT.

Comment

Hope to see Bombing Run back.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Ghb-LHseQ

Comment

Assault and TAM were my favorite game modes, especially Assault!!

Comment

Working...
                                X