Siege Feedback - Balance and other suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siege Feedback - Balance and other suggestions

Hello, I'd like to share with you my thoughts, suggestions and feedback about this new gamemode. What do you think? Did you try this new gamemode?

Firstly, I'd like to talk about some balance issues I encountered, especially on the Monster side. The monsters are placeholders and their design could change in a moment or another, since there's even the possibility of an usage of the classic monsters models the community is working on right now. The issues I noticed about the monsters are (at Masterful difficulty):
    • It's really hard to get inside the troop of monsters, which blocks player's initiative to experiment new ways to attack mobs. Currently, the only convenient choice is staying in front of the wave. If a player wants to penetrate their barriers, trying a more direct approach, probably this could lead into a death. You can watch this piece of video (4:56 - 9:15) if I didn't express myself clearly.
    • The Flame Minion is a nightmare... Really, I'm afraid of it! Its flame thrower works as a link gun's beam with a slower rate of fire, higher damage and range... and in my personal opinion it's too much powerful. It even makes you explode into pieces!
    • The Bio Minion tends to spam a lot on the ground, in my opinion more than it should do. I don't know if this is an intentional design choice, but I can't dodge other projectiles from other monsters correctly because there's an incredible amount of GES which obstructs the floor.
    • I think you should decrease the minions' health fom 90 to 85, to allow players to kill them with a single, fully charged Lighting Gun shot. It's quite frustrating to notice that a minion can survive with only 5HP after a fully charged shot...
    • I think the current iteration of what should be the Gasbag (I actually don't remember its current name) shouldn't grab the flag since its role is a sort of air support. It is also anti aesthetic, too.
    • The Tank (prototype name) with the Redeemer seems to be unbalanced.
    There are also some issues with mechanics in general which should be annotated:
    • The current way to select an Ability is really, really slow. The way to toggle the mini-menu is confusing as well. A solution could be the implementation of something similar to the current weapon wheel: keep pressed the Ability button to toggle the Ability wheel, moving the cursor over the several Abilities.
    • In my opinion, the loading circle for the Abilities should appear also in the mini-HUD.
    • I think the player should select the slot of the Ability they will use also before filling the loading circle.
    So, what do you think about these points?
    Last edited by rapfamily4; 05-30-2017, 02:30 AM.

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

I updated the first post of the thread with new things related to the monsters and HUD.

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I put some new feedback in the first post. I don't know if it would be better to put it in a new post or in the original one...

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I think those abilities should be weapon or character specific. Yes, it may be fun once the monsters are finished, but that may take some time.
        I saw a huge floating head btw, what was that?
        Check the Hybrid Rocket L. Here:https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ed​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Samanie View Post
          I saw a huge floating head btw, what was that?
          That's the Bobodemon, the current iteration of the Gasbag xD

bobobobobobobobobobobobob

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

It would be good if blitz and siege rankings were seperated, and godlike siege would not lower the ELO ranking too much. I would possibly had gold 9 in blitz instead of my current bronze if it had not been for all the godlike sieges I lost. Also there should be difference losing with a few seconds left compared to losing too quick, not that I have any idea how this currently works more than that my rank drops alot.

Also there is a problem with snipers and other slow units grabbing flag since they never score, currently games depends on player knowledge of not killing the sniper with flag to win.

I play godlike siege with translocator, currently I have to keybind it as best weapon since the key for using special is bound to the translocator key, it would be nice to have that fixed.

Comment

Honestly i actually want the bobodemon to be a permanent enemy, as a rare occurrence or easter egg when this game is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by HereticGrunt View Post
                Honestly i actually want the bobodemon to be a permanent enemy, as a rare occurrence or easter egg when this game is finished.
                That would be a nice Easter Egg!!! xD

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                X