A new type of game - Onslaught

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new type of game - Onslaught

Like War, but there is only one core, and it is not a core, it is a big thing, for example - big turrel, team that will destroy it in 15 minets, win this round. There are no countdown, win in round gives 1 point (max 3 for win). Teams are swapped, the other team is attacking. Š•nergy points are replaced by other things - big shield buildings, another turrels, defending walls ets. Main thing (big turrel) can be attacked at any time, it not connected with another defend buildings, but enemies start always in begin of map (big turrel in the end of map), and small defending things help for defending team, attacking team can not use all this defend buildings.

Big main building and small defend buildings have an slow automatic repair if not destroyed. Small defend buildings if not destroyed can produse vechicle for defenders. Attacking team have not vechicles, can only steal vechicle. Attacking team can destroy all buildings with weapons and special for this map type weapons, like radimer, but more like ram weapon.

Thank to Psychomorph for the name Onslaught
    Last edited by Andriushka; 09-14-2014, 05:29 AM.

There is a game mode in UT2004 that is called Onslaught, so I didn't come up with it, but I came up with a pun calling it "Oneslaught", because your idea sounds like UT2004's Onslaught game mode and you said there is only one turrel. Not funny I guess.

Ahh, nevermind me.

Comment

TBH it sounds more like an Assault variation than Onslaught/Warfare. And like Psychomorph already pointed out - the name "Onslaught" is already taken as the original UT2004 name of UT3's Warfare mode.
      <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
      <TNSe> nono
      <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
      <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
      <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
      <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Dont play UT2004, name this type as more properly and appropriate description. May be Breakthrough defense - WAR, CTF, DM, TM, BD

Comment

Just give us onslaught back. Warfare, orbs and skateboards were a mistake from ut3, I used to be in a community with the tags of .T32( titan) and it was a big community, where is it now...?? all because of ut3/2007.. please learn from the mistakes of ut3 and give the onslaught community some thing good Save us from cod !!! I know loads of clans that went down the cod route because of ut2007
          Last edited by Gazzabwoy; 09-15-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazzabwoy View Post
            Just give us onslaught back. Warfare, orbs and skateboards were a mistake from ut3, I used to be in a community with the tags of .T32( titan) and it was a big community, where is it now...?? all because of ut3/2007.. please learn from the mistakes of ut3 and give the onslaught community some thing good Save us from cod !!! I know loads of clans that went down the cod route because of ut2007
            I am totally with Gazz here on this!!! I too was part of a HUGE clan (IGSclan.com) and there are only but a few left. I just went back on there and I'm surprised that it's still around. Like Gazz said, The Back To the Future type Hover-Skateboard was (to me) a bad move, as well as Warfare and Orbs. Please stick to what works and what made the gameplay amazing. Just to let you know I love DM, CTF and the other mission games, BUT - ONS on UT2004 was BY FAR the BEST game that you created for UT period. It was truly the most intense, addictive game that you made. When you could create a game like ONS and not realize that you spent 2 to 3 hours playing, you know you did something right.

I believe that you need to bring back all the original UT ONS maps from UT2004 (as well as TITAN ONS Map Pack) and update the ploys and textures to obviously make it graphically better (like you did with UT3). You do that and you'll bring ONS back from the dead!!! Actually the servers for UT2004 are still very much alive and kicking!!! That's got to account for something...

Lastly, I hope no one's thinking of changing the name, just stay with Onslaught (ONS). No one else has this name and you guys coined a term, so just stick with what works...

Comment

Originally posted by PunkNugget View Post
              I am totally with Gazz here on this!!! I too was part of a HUGE clan (IGSclan.com) and there are only but a few left. I just went back on there and I'm surprised that it's still around. Like Gazz said, The Back To the Future type Hover-Skateboard was (to me) a bad move, as well as Warfare and Orbs. Please stick to what works and what made the gameplay amazing. Just to let you know I love DM, CTF and the other mission games, BUT - ONS on UT2004 was BY FAR the BEST game that you created for UT period. It was truly the most intense, addictive game that you made. When you could create a game like ONS and not realize that you spent 2 to 3 hours playing, you know you did something right.

I believe that you need to bring back all the original UT ONS maps from UT2004 (as well as TITAN ONS Map Pack) and update the ploys and textures to obviously make it graphically better (like you did with UT3). You do that and you'll bring ONS back from the dead!!! Actually the servers for UT2004 are still very much alive and kicking!!! That's got to account for something...

Lastly, I hope no one's thinking of changing the name, just stay with Onslaught (ONS). No one else has this name and you guys coined a term, so just stick with what works...
              I was an ONS admin at Cain's Lair community and agree with these two. If Onslaught is to be brought back I'd vote for the UT2004 style versus UT3. Based on a program I wrote to help analyze chat logs there were over 100,000 unique players (GUIDs) that touched Cain's ONS server and tens of thousands more who played on the CTF server. Comparatively, UT3 didn't last long at CL and they moved on to other games. I had a community running ONS after Cain shut his down and also ran UT3, however it was a pain.

At Cain's we had great friends and great times with the Titan Internet (T32) community. We had across the pond Onslaught matches, taking turns hosting. The hosting side usually won, given the ping differences, but they were good times nonetheless. As stated, there were the TITAN Map Packs which kept the UT2004 version playing for quite a long time. Those maps tended to be without choke points which I agreed with for the most part. Though sometimes a map with a choke point can be great if both sides have an equal chance of pushing through.

Comment

+1

2004 onslaught rulez! bring it back!

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter.SP View Post
                  I was an ONS admin at Cain's Lair community and agree with these two. If Onslaught is to be brought back I'd vote for the UT2004 style versus UT3. Based on a program I wrote to help analyze chat logs there were over 100,000 unique players (GUIDs) that touched Cain's ONS server and tens of thousands more who played on the CTF server. Comparatively, UT3 didn't last long at CL and they moved on to other games. I had a community running ONS after Cain shut his down and also ran UT3, however it was a pain.

At Cain's we had great friends and great times with the Titan Internet (T32) community. We had across the pond Onslaught matches, taking turns hosting. The hosting side usually won, given the ping differences, but they were good times nonetheless. As stated, there were the TITAN Map Packs which kept the UT2004 version playing for quite a long time. Those maps tended to be without choke points which I agreed with for the most part. Though sometimes a map with a choke point can be great if both sides have an equal chance of pushing through.
                  +1 Couldn't agree more that ONS created some very long lasting communities on the web but UT3 simply forced many of our players to move onto other games. I long to "Give Rides" once again!!

Comment

Sure ONS was more popular than WAR but there are several reasons for that, the quality and features of WAR being least among them. E.g., UT3 in general wasn't ready for release, and when it was, it was released smack-dab in the middle of one of the most competitive shooter release seasons ever. Also don't forget that the ONS community had been running on fumes for a year by Nov. 2007.

Comment

UT3's Warfare I spent a lot of my own money to start a ladder for UT3 Warfare. We had 30 teams playing and more was going to join before hackers took down the server that was running the ladder program.
                      I had to move all teams over to FraggedNation to start UT3 Warfare ladder that ran for over 2 years before I had to leave do to family members health.
                      UT2k4 Onslaught when it came out was amazing with over 100 teams within weeks ready to play competitively.
                      I was lucky to have one of the best players playing for T5K Onslaught / Warfare

Everyone loved Onslaught /Warfare and I am offering my time to help start and run UT4 Onslaught ladders.
                      It would be nice to know if anyone is working on this game type.
                      UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

Wow. I had no idea that there were ever enough people playing UT3 to have an actual clan ladder, let alone 30 teams. Maybe I should have stuck with UT3 Warfare. I played it in the first few weeks after UT3's release.

UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Nice to see that some people in here remember Titan Onslaught. Now I will have to dig through my own collection of screenshots for nostalgia's sake, should be somewhere on an old external HD.

A single one I still had uploaded online which illustrates the typical Titan teamwork quite well (or what happend whenever I got in a tank anyway ):

Attached Files

Comment

Good to see UT player back to enjoy and we all hope to see Onslaught back. I get e-mail asking me. I hope so.

Last edited by Doz; 05-05-2015, 12:26 AM.
                            UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

Originally posted by RenH. View Post
                              +1

2004 onslaught rulez! bring it back!
                              Aaaaand +1. ONS (UT2) was what made me fall in love with this game and it would be very nice to see it in UT4 again. Sure, the other game modes in UT2 were pretty **** neat as well, but ONS's just so different to any other gameplay I've ever seen...

(okay I'll shut up for now and lurk again. Just saw this and had to reply without knowing more about this issue)

Comment

Working...
                              X