Domination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Domination

So we had a little playtest with domination. Let me hear your thoughts and suggestions with the game mode.

http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_/c/5121885

http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_/c/5121875

This might be a minor criticism, but the icons on the left side look a bit too large. Also are the points received by the players based on the amount of kills they got? or capture point touches? Its looking really nice so far

p.s chumbo's fangirling at the beginning of the video D

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid_banana View Post
      This might be a minor criticism, but the icons on the left side look a bit too large. Also are the points received by the players based on the amount of kills they got? or capture point touches? Its looking really nice so far

They scale with resolution.

Comment

Since there is no capture time there's a high degree of touch and go.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid_banana View Post

Hehe

Here's my POV of the games. (Including the girly fangirl) This was so much fun guys.. Honestly. Can't wait for shockdom also. Fantastic work timeh

http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

This is amazing stuff, hahaha, I really loved domination in UT99
            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
              This is amazing stuff, hahaha, I really loved domination in UT99
              The nostalgic original capture points I got so excited. haha
              http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

Absolutely amazing fun and already very stable A small thing but I would like to see some alternative positions for the HUD, maybe in the top middle like the CTF hud - top left feels a bit out of the way as it is.

I've said this in our teamspeak, but I'll say again that the test map that Epic made that we're playing with fits so well for Domation, it's as if they've been playing with it all this time, haha.
                Last edited by fuolox; 09-14-2014, 10:09 PM.
                http://twitch.tv/MysTikalUT - Tune in for duels, TDM and random testing

Comment

I agree mystical. The map plays amazing. If I do make a Dom map, I'm totally going to this map for ideas.

Comment

So, what about teams green and gold?
                    <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
                    <TNSe> nono
                    <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
                    <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
                    <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
                    <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                      So, what about teams green and gold?
                      Welcome to the thread Wormbo, and thank you for this outstanding question.

The code for yellow and gold team is already partially in the game so I bet it could be easily added once they finish working on it.

Comment

Played it, was fun !
                        Cant think of a problem that I encountered, worked without a problem and was fun. Map was very good too - I can see Spacer and SidCastle also work very well for Domination.

Good Work!
                        Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
                        Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Is it possible to get hold of the unpackaged files? I'd really like to take a look at the blueprints.

Comment

Amazing work, TimEh! I played several DOM games last night in both weapons and instagib and really enjoyed it! Here are a few quick thoughts based on my limited play time:
                            • The current audio cues (CTF flag alert sounds) for the Control Points being captured or taken are a little jarring at first, although it could just be because I'm used to hearing them in CTF. Maybe they're placeholders atm and I eventually did get used to them, but I think it'd be nice to have something a bit more subtle. I like the idea of using the flag "capture" sound for when your team controls all three CP's, but I think it's a bit much to hear every time your team grabs a CP.
                            • Goo currently sticks to the actual Control Point (suspended in the air). I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but it was something I noticed.
                            • It feels like the CP's capture a bit slowly. Maybe it's just me (or it could have been latency from when we were playing on the French server), but it seemed like they should switch faster when you run over them.

I'll try to compile more thoughts and ideas as I think of them, as I'm sure I'll be playing this mod a lot this week. Thanks again for your work, TimEh! This really is a great start and a ton of fun already. Below is a link to my Twitch VOD from last night as well. The Domination gameplay starts around 01:17:00. I'll clip it out and upload it to YouTube this evening for easier viewing.

http://www.twitch.tv/m3sstv/b/568697430
                            Last edited by m3ss; 09-15-2014, 09:00 AM.
                            Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
                            Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
                            Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
                            Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

Managed to play some this evening. Nice job, everything works nicely. The capture sounds are a little loud and a little capture delay would be interesting too.

I'd be interested in converting Lab so we have another map to play it on. Granted it's not the best map for it but more maps in general is probably good.

Comment

Working...
                              X