No announcement yet.

Domination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see DOM in the last build. It's only for "some pre-alphatesters"?

Domination, i like this game type a lot. Definetly in the final game was this or DDOM too?

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
      This is amazing stuff, hahaha, I really loved domination in UT99
      Agreed. This is glorious!.

However, despite the icons scaling to resolution, I'd love to see the option to tweak their position and size. I really wouldn't want to get punished for playing at 800x600 and have those rather large icons interfering with peripheral vision. Other than that and the points cafe (I think it was cafe, could be wrong!) brought up about the capture sounds, it looks fantastic.

Keep up the good work, TimTim.
      UT2004Community YouTube channel. A professional e-sports and community replay archive for Unreal Tournament 2004.

Cluex.org YouTube channel. A video archive of our UT2004 competitive events and tournaments.

Comment

Think you could add a DDOM style point?
        - Has a 'group'.
        - Hold all points in the same group for 5 seconds and they will add a sum of points and clear themselves.

Also handling for more or less than 3 points, though I'm sure it's already there.

Comment

Someone should try designing map which can be played competitevely to proove that this gametype. Or at least try to, because i think that this would be hard to acomplish.
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

We have DOMination! Yes!
            UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post
              Welcome to the thread Wormbo, and thank you for this outstanding question.

The code for yellow and gold team is already partially in the game so I bet it could be easily added once they finish working on it.
              Can I suggest that we do not do yellow/gold with green, there has to be a better color schema that can skins stand out better than ut99 did. Red/Blue/Green + ____? What do you guys think?

Comment

Every game that has four colors has red, blue, green, yellow so I don't see a reason to change it.

I'm so glad this is being worked on by the community. I was a huge domination player back in the day but hated double domination.

Comment

Originally posted by TimEh View Post
                  Let me hear your thoughts and suggestions with the game mode.
                  Originally posted by rejecht View Post
                  Since there is no capture time there's a high degree of touch and go.
                  In case it wasn't clear, and in response to the request for suggestions, I would suggest adding a radius for the player to stay within in order to capture the point over time.

I didn't find it exciting seeing players running past the capture point only to immediately capture it and jump away/move on. There's no buildup, tension, or risk.

If opposing teams occupy the point while fighting, the capture time remains neutral, or could be halted.
                  To tweak it further, reduce capture time with more players within the capture radius.

The capture radius and time are up for debate. I don't think we're talking 30 seconds or something. Maybe 3-10 seconds max.

Comment

Looks realy fun tbh, i would like to see a kind of KOTH
                    In-game nick : LeiSuRe.SOXX
                    Always in for a good duel Add me on skype or msg me here my skype : doc_revolution

Comment

Originally posted by Imperious View Post
                      Can I suggest that we do not do yellow/gold with green, there has to be a better color schema that can skins stand out better than ut99 did. Red/Blue/Green + ____? What do you guys think?
                      I think yellow is probably the way to go, but other alternatives might be magenta and cyan. You don't want the color to be too dark or that team will have an advantage because it will be harder for opposing players to spot and follow players on the dark colored team.
                      Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 10-09-2014, 05:59 AM.
                      UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

TimEh, have you updated this for the latest build or anything yet? I'd be interested in throwing it on the Mothership to play around with some more again if you have something we can use... is it on the Redirect? I could probably use it from there if it is.
                        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I miss the old Domination days, UT99 had amazing maps for it

Comment

is this still some progress on the game mode and where is timeh

Comment

Love DOM, can't wait to get a chance to play it !
                              I loved DDom too, but only on instagib. And I hope someone will make a mod of it (as it probably won't be in the main build since it was not so popular)

Comment

I Hope Domination come i a next Builds (I have see a Video by Youtube from this Gamemode its cool)

Comment

Working...
                                X