ShockDomination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShockDomination?

In recent years in the UT1 community where certain "scenes" have died out or dwindled we've seen the uprising success of sDOM, which was a pretty unique take on what was already an established gametype (iDOM). Anybody not familiar with what sDOM was can check out some of the videos on youtube, there are plenty from the GlobalUnreal seasons that were played. Here's a link to an All-Stars game that was played between NA and Europe a few months back, there are quite a few more on this YouTube channel:

Don't know how well this gametype could be ported into UT4 but certainly the changes in the movement adds to what was already quite a feature in terms of gameplay and map design in terms of acquiring powerups. Would be interesting to hear people's thoughts on whether this gametype would attract the same interest it did in UT1 as it become one of the most competitive gametypes in recent years long after the scene had died out.

****, I've never played that before but it does look like alot of fun! Since domination is already in UT4 in some form thanks to TimEh, I think shock DOM could be as trivial as a weapon replacement mutator..

Comment

Wow.. that PACO guy performed splendidly on Campgrounds. I think sDOM has a lot of potential for UT4. Making the mod won't be a problem but making the maps work might be an issue. Boosting is essential and the health/dmg balance will need to be assessed. We are planning on doing an in-depth look at the gametype in one of the upcoming Owned Well Shows so perhaps you can lend your talents for a godlike or two.
      www.ownedwell.com
      Live UT Coverage
      Archived UT Coverage
      Personal YT Channel

Comment

Originally posted by THEINCREDIBLEPACO View Post
        Wow.. that PACO guy performed splendidly on Campgrounds. I think sDOM has a lot of potential for UT4. Making the mod won't be a problem but making the maps work might be an issue. Boosting is essential and the health/dmg balance will need to be assessed. We are planning on doing an in-depth look at the gametype in one of the upcoming Owned Well Shows so perhaps you can lend your talents for a godlike or two.
        As you know I'd never turn a game of sDOM down PACO! I do think it's a niche gametype that really worked due to the simple yet effective changes that were made. The powerup placement added a huge diversity to the teamplay, and also the expiry time of amp for example added a massive factor to the gameplay within each map meaning it was less about a player stood in one area of the map for 20 minutes as DOM mostly was. I think the introduction of walldodge adds a whole new dimension to just the pretty standard boosts we saw used in sDOM. I'd love to see someone put something together.

Comment

Originally posted by THEINCREDIBLEPACO View Post
          I think you are far too modest, Paco
          UT2004Community YouTube channel. A professional e-sports and community replay archive for Unreal Tournament 2004.

Cluex.org YouTube channel. A video archive of our UT2004 competitive events and tournaments.

Comment

Working...
          X