[Suggestion] Changing - Gametype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Suggestion] Changing - Gametype

The idea of this gametype would be that the person Starts of in- say Last man standing, and during the match a player can go over some kind of button/activator, to change the gametype to something else (say Capture the Flag for example. The map would stay the same, only difference would be two flags had spawned and everyone gets put in a team.

The activator can not be used for another 5 minutes (more or less) and if the game is concluded in that time nothing happens, but if it hasn't finished in that time, you can change again (players do not control what other gametype they get, however, you can't get the same gametype two times in a row.

Anyways, this was just a very raw idea I had. Feel free to give improvements and feedback!
    Also known as Nesgee.

Green and Yellow Flag concepts

It sounds like a party gametype, however it would need very special maps that supports many gametypes and right now that's not possible. I just created a thread about having maps that supports different gametypes and how it could be implemented and it could really help if a gametype like this would be considered. You can check it here

However, there are other things to get around and they are not tied to the map itself, how are gameytpes would be manage? how much time or score is need it for each gametype, one thing is changing from DM to CTF on the fly, and another thing is how to manage the assets like spawning flags or control points, and we have to remember that there other gametypes like assault or warfare, how are those could be implemented as well?

What you said it can be done by having the same map with different gametypes and once you are done with one gameytpe, like DM, players could vote wich gametype the want to play next.

I get what the gametype is about, but servers can (and I hope, will) do it without a dedicated gametype.
    Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Comment

Originally posted by Urban-Shadow-001 View Post
      It sounds like a party gametype, however it would need very special maps that supports many gametypes and right now that's not possible. I just created a thread about having maps that supports different gametypes and how it could be implemented and it could really help if a gametype like this would be considered. You can check it here

However, there are other things to get around and they are not tied to the map itself, how are gameytpes would be manage? how much time or score is need it for each gametype, one thing is changing from DM to CTF on the fly, and another thing is how to manage the assets like spawning flags or control points, and we have to remember that there other gametypes like assault or warfare, how are those could be implemented as well?

What you said it can be done by having the same map with different gametypes and once you are done with one gameytpe, like DM, players could vote wich gametype the want to play next.

I get what the gametype is about, but servers can (and I hope, will) do it without a dedicated gametype.
      Right. Well, the thing is Capture the Flag maps can be used for a host of other gametypes, such as Last man Standing, TDM, DM, DOM, AS and even Onslaught. The idea would be to have a map that would lock and unlock parts of the map when a gametype would switch, that way you can have more or less of a map depending what you're playing.

The score would depend on the gametype you are playing. If you win in Last man standing, you won the match. If you are still playing and the 5 minute timer is done, you can change to another gametype, and win in that. Or you can just keep going until you win at one of the gametypes. There wouldn't be a specific way to "win it all".

Thanks for the heads-up to your thread.
      Last edited by Daniel Bauwens; 11-11-2014, 07:07 AM.
      Also known as Nesgee.

Green and Yellow Flag concepts

Comment

like I said in my thread, I see the potential, the thing is having a way to win, I suggested having rounds in different gametypes and the team that wins most rounds wins the match.

It sure represent a longer match, normaly a match of any gametype last 10 or 15 minutes, here we are talking about 30 to 60 minutes matches, perhaps something usefull could be been able to pick what gametypes can be played or have a fix number were the gametypes are choosen either by voting or at random.
        Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Comment

Working...
        X