Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Suggestion] Last Man

The title kinda explains the gamemode, but if you don't get it:

Everybody starts the game with a number of lives, lets say 10 if you want a short game. Everybody spawns and the game begins. The goal is to make as many kills as possible without losing all your lives. If you lose a life, you just respawn, but when you're out of lives you lose the round and you will be spectating. The last player who has any lives left wins the round.

Sounds like a great idea to me for a map like Rising Sun(UT3 Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch)...

This is pretty much LMS or Last Man Standing from UT2004

I know of quite a few people who loved LMS and played it almost exclusively until it dropped off in popularity and players moved on to more fertile pastures.
    UT2004Community YouTube channel. A professional e-sports and community replay archive for Unreal Tournament 2004.

Cluex.org YouTube channel. A video archive of our UT2004 competitive events and tournaments.

Comment

It's a pretty fun gamemode for sure which I have a lot of fun with, I think however it would perhaps not be worth having a separate gamemode for such similar gamemode compared to DM/TDM but perhaps it could be a setting/mutator somehow, how that would work I don't know but it feels like a separate gamemode for such mode again splits the community too much.

I'm unsure about the lives though, doesn't feel as interesting to me. I'd rather have these very short rounds when you are dead you are out and say it is 3-5 rounds and it calculates the statistics from that since everyone can be a little unlucky sometimes and depending on where you spawn etc you might have better chance.
      Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 11-20-2014, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Maybe something like this:
        DM or TDM
        frags[0] time[none]
        Lives[1] rounds[5]

CTF
        frags[5] time[10:00]
        lives[1] rounds[4]
        lives reset[true]( if true lives reset after every flag capture or return)
        I use to be a tournament competitor like you till I got concrete to the knee.

Comment

LMS should have it's own gametype with a lengthy dance session at the end for the winner

I always liked LMS better than DM... staying alive matters.
          -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
          BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

I've always been a huge fan of LMS. It's a great way to practice weapon/movement/maps without getting raped by an opponent who has superior map control. LMS is based on a different skill set than DM, and therefore in my eyes a must-have gamemode.

Comment

Definitely need LMS! Some of my favorite matches in past UT have been LMS. I would not be averse to having some tweaks thrown in if the basic concept remained the same.

Comment

Yes LMS please. Spent most my teens playing this game mode with friends.
                Would love to go back to it!

Comment

Sorry for bumping this thread, but god I loved me some ZP IG LMS back in the day - I never even minded the people who camped. It'd be a mod that would be super easy to write, sure. But I would really love this game mode built right in.
                  ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
                  CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
                  , Twitch

Comment

I think there were two problems with LMS... one is that it rewards avoiding conflict as much as possible. You just want to stay out of the way as long as possible and save your lives. There's no incentive to score frags, just let the others duke it out. The other problem is that you simply cannot enter in the middle of a match, because obviously you would have a big advantage. And if you run out of lives fast, you will spend a lot of time waiting and spectating.

These issues have been solved by other formats such as team elimination (Clan Arena / Battle Team Arena) or Survival. And it some cases they could cleary work as a mutator for existing gametypes. Survival could be a mutator for both Deathmatch and Duel. And Quake Live has a round based variant of CTF, which would work as a mutator. Clan Arena should be a gametype of its own though, because it has a different scoring system than TDM.

Comment

I always though roundbased LMS is better. 1 life per round and you get a point for every round won. Similar to Clan arena if played in teams but with pickups and selfdamage.

Comment

Working...
                      X