Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Concept] Bomging Run - Cut Throat

Cut Throat

Loosely based off the pool game of the same name.

Up to 4 teams (so yes, unique or modified maps perhaps). Red Blue Green Yellow.

One ball
    Game starts with teams having X points (lets say a default of 6).

The point is to protect your own goal, and score on others.
    A goal subtracts 1 point for shots fired through, 2 points for running through.
    If a team loses all their points, Their goal "seizes up" (is rendered useless) and the players are sent to spectating mode.
    The last team with points remaining are the victors.

The last twist on this would be to somehow respawn the outed team with some points based on some kind of
    "foul" from live play. More on that when inspiration strikes ;-).
    -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
    BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

That sounds like a fun variation. It would be great to see it in practice.

Comment

I'm not a fan of going into spectator mode once you or your team is out untill the round is over, I hated that in counter strike back in the day and that's why I don't play it.

Instead of going in spectator mode, why not join other teams? or perhaps become a rogue team that trolls everybody?

Going into spectator mode is only good when the gametype and the maps are small because that would ensure a fast round and you don't have to wait several minutes to start another round, remember, you are there to play, not watch
      Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Comment

I had to watch a lot when I first started playing LMS back in the day. You actually learn a lot watching.. more people should do it.

I agree though about keeping it fun for those spec'ing... that's kinda why I suggested a (lower) default of 6 pts and why I hinted about a way that spec'ers could get back into the game via fouls.

Cut Throat pool has that feature for "scratches", dodgeball is another. (catching the ball)

I guess I don't foresee spec'ers having to wait very long for a gametype like this. LMS always had the campers (until the camper mods came).. so yeah, there was some waiting.. but hey, that was fun for me as well. It was like a chess game. To each his own I guess. .. good that we have many gametypes to choose from.

When I used to play BR, there was one custome map that I remember that had 4 teams. It was great fun.. hoping that we can reach that level again someday.
        -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
        BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

well, if there was only two teams, perhaps, but we are talking about 4 teams wich mean that the losing team needs to wait 18 points, I understand that it doesn't have to be one by one and the scores could be really close to each other when a team goes out, but sometimes the game can be longer than you might think. That's why survival or duel in Unreal Championship never took off.

Also, I played LMS back in the day too, it was fun with bots but sometimes, I got killed and out and I have to wait too long for the bots to kill each other.

I had some fun watching the game but then I was bored because the game never ended.
          Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Comment

Gimme it and TRANSLOKATORE! >:I
            Last edited by LOSER_HA_HA; 01-26-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X