I have to say we need GREED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acedozin
    I like this idea. But don't forget Onslaught/Warfare!
    And Bombing Run, Last Man Standing, and Mutant... and LOL
    -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
    BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

UT4 (aka UT Monster)

You guys are thinking waaaay to small. We need this to be a monster. We need people interested in remaking any / all of the old gametypes that they are passionate about... and we need people interested in making brand new gametypes. UT should be that monster. <drops mic on stage>
      -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
      BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

But wait, isn't CTF a mutator of GREED?

In my opinion far more fun than the over-requested BombingRun.
        CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
        Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

I liked greed, however I think the introduction of Titan to the game mode ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by Flame_Prince View Post
            I liked greed, however I think the introduction of Titan to the game mode ruined it
            While the Titan is a bit overpowered, I still like the idea of bringing some "powerup" beast of some sort but it should be within reason, bersersk/amp ability with instant homeing rockets or berserk shock rifle coupled with that much HP is a bad idea.

It made it a bit more tactical when the titans would lead the way for the guys with lots of skulls. I didn't like that powerful titans but I like the idea if it was made less powerful than that so it's just more of a subtle powerup.

In Warfare the UT3 titans also clearly were too powerful and one Titan would easily take over a node and 2-3 titans could disable the whole team pretty much. In 12v12 (or higher) that would always lead to Titan rampagefest at some point in the round and it shouldn't resolve really that much over who gets the titan pwnage at a suitable time.
            Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-07-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Totally agree that Greed is needed, and I think should be more than a mutator. There were somethings about Greed in UT3 that need to be tweaked etc.. (Vehicles on cap, I'm looking at you!) I've actually thought about this quite a bit, but there is one thing I haven't really gotten a great solution for yet.

Many disliked the gametype solely because of the Titan. I can understand it, but they did provide one function to the game that really made a match intriguing: lots more skulls. Things got intense when there was someone running around with 50 of them.

So how does one get around this? The idea I came up with essentially had players dropping more than 1 skull upon death, and maybe giving the pickups inherent skulls so that when the pickup was taken, the player also got skulls.

I had also given thought to coding this, but don't really know where to start. I coded in college, but that's a loooong *** time ago lol.

Comment

At the risk of alienating those who think UT3 wasn't the best, I think the GREED game type is hugely fun and would like to see it in the new UT.
                Originally posted by Neon_Knight View Post
                Thumbs up for Greed! Definitely the most fun gametype from UT3 alongside vCTF. It's also a pretty intuitive one. [...] you don't need to a certain area to collect skulls, they drop from dead enemies.
                Absolutely, it's such a funny gamemode and can be quite tactical (skull collecting etc...)
                WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

If we have to do this gametype by ourself, we should also implement a penalty when a player suicide with a huge amount of skulls instead of taking the risk to leave them.
                  CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                  Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

If we're gonna get Greed, then we also certainly need VCTF :P

Remember, all the Greed maps were the same as the VCTF ones.

Comment

+1 for Greed, loved that game type

Comment

Greedy!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Specter_ View Post
                          If we're gonna get Greed, then we also certainly need VCTF :P

Remember, all the Greed maps were the same as the VCTF ones.
                          Greed supported both CTF and VCTF maps. So, VCTF isn't required for Greed, you can just play it on the normal CTF maps.

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginWorthles View Post
                            At the risk of alienating those who think UT3 wasn't the best, I think the GREED game type is hugely fun and would like to see it in the new UT.

When taken in total, the history of UT has provided some amazingly fun game modes. I think it's going to be pretty hard to cram all of the favorites into one game. But I am hopeful.
                            Greed is a blast. I love CTF but to me in terms of team based game play? It's more fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X