Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we create custom gametypes to play with other people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we create custom gametypes to play with other people?

I'm talking about using this tutorial
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/C%2B%2..._Mode_Tutorial
    to create a custom gametype which I can then upload and other people can see hosted games of this type
    in the server browser?
    What about downloading content from the server, does that work yet? As in, I make this mod, create a server
    and people can download the 10kb of mod files from my server.

Edit: To clarify, I mean does this work with the weekly posted pre alpha builds?
    Last edited by Saiboat; 12-05-2014, 05:12 AM.
    XMP | THREAD

You can but they would have to download the gametype and anything else you want ahead of time.

That's not a huge thing to ask.

That being said, the custom Game Mode support is probably weak and building an actual custom game mode would probably be a good way to help Epic flesh out the functionality for custom game modes to the extent you will need.
    Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 12-05-2014, 06:10 PM.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
      You can but they would have to download the gametype and anything else you want ahead of time.

That's not a huge thing to ask.

That being said, the custom Game Mode support is probably weak and building an actual custom game mode would probably be a good way to help Epic flesh out the functionality for custom game modes to the extent you will need.
      What do you mean with actual custom game? I'm thinking about porting what we had for udk to UE4.
      XMP | THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Saiboat View Post
        What do you mean with actual custom game? I'm thinking about porting what we had for udk to UE4.
        I mean that there is not currently a game mode built with the Plugin system that I'm aware of right now. It would probably be good for people to hammer on it.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
        X